Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Eagles at slower shutter
Lens: DA 560 Camera: K-1 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: KiloHotelphoto, 01-16-2017, 12:26 PM

So I went down to the river today and it was the worst day ever for eagle action so I decided to take some shots of the cormorants fishing. I typically shoot at 1/3200 for the eagles diving but I slowed it down to 1/500 for the cormorant and of course I forgot to change it back when a eagle came.

The dive was to far away to shoot but it came in over head afterwards and desperate for any shots I took some. The wing tips are a little blurry but the body and eyes I think came out ok.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Views: 919
01-16-2017, 05:24 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There is some blurriness, expected at a 500 ISO, but some of the features came out quite sharp. Sometimes when I have been out shooting small birds at 320 ISO, and a larger bird comes by almost instantaneously, I have just started shooting without changing to a more appropriate ISO. I just took it in stride though, since I hardly ever do it.