Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 22 Likes Search this Thread
14 Likes  
Dancing Egrets
Posted By: UserAccessDenied, 01-17-2017, 12:26 PM

2016 was an incredible year for me - I learned so much in the last 12 months from this forum and attribute any photographic success to the entire PF community.
It's difficult to select a single photo from a full year of shooting. I was learning new techniques, new styles, trying to find subjects that interest me...

This shot is taken from Assateague Island National Seashore, in Maryland. I live a few minutes away from here and try to visit twice a week at minimum. I was lucky to capture these two Egrets last spring during mating season.
They were in a small cove and the sun was just about to set. I sat and watched their elegant "dance" for a while, I didn't want to disturb them. Once they were comfortable with me being a spectator, I took a few shots and moved on.

2017 is already bringing me more knowledge and opportunity. I'm hoping this spring will be as active as the last!

Views: 1,687
07-10-2021, 09:55 AM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by UserAccessDenied Quote
2016 was an incredible year for me - I learned so much in the last 12 months from this forum and attribute any photographic success to the entire PF community.
It's difficult to select a single photo from a full year of shooting. I was learning new techniques, new styles, trying to find subjects that interest me...

This shot is taken from Assateague Island National Seashore, in Maryland. I live a few minutes away from here and try to visit twice a week at minimum. I was lucky to capture these two Egrets last spring during mating season.
They were in a small cove and the sun was just about to set. I sat and watched their elegant "dance" for a while, I didn't want to disturb them. Once they were comfortable with me being a spectator, I took a few shots and moved on.

2017 is already bringing me more knowledge and opportunity. I'm hoping this spring will be as active as the last!

Great shot! Low key is unanticipated for such a subject.

07-10-2021, 10:08 AM   #17
Veteran Member

It's a spectacular picture!
07-10-2021, 01:19 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Stunning
07-10-2021, 01:30 PM   #19
rm2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What an absolute beauty. Thanks for sharing.

07-10-2021, 09:05 PM   #20
Pentaxian

That's fantastic!