Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
14 Likes  #1
Dancing Egrets
Lens: DA*300 Camera: K-3ii Photo Location: Assateague Island National Seashore ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/1000s Aperture: F7.1 
Posted By: UserAccessDenied, 01-17-2017, 12:26 PM

2016 was an incredible year for me - I learned so much in the last 12 months from this forum and attribute any photographic success to the entire PF community.
It's difficult to select a single photo from a full year of shooting. I was learning new techniques, new styles, trying to find subjects that interest me...

This shot is taken from Assateague Island National Seashore, in Maryland. I live a few minutes away from here and try to visit twice a week at minimum. I was lucky to capture these two Egrets last spring during mating season.
They were in a small cove and the sun was just about to set. I sat and watched their elegant "dance" for a while, I didn't want to disturb them. Once they were comfortable with me being a spectator, I took a few shots and moved on.

2017 is already bringing me more knowledge and opportunity. I'm hoping this spring will be as active as the last!

Views: 934
01-17-2017, 01:31 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fantastic capture and a very crisp rendition
01-17-2017, 01:43 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bruce Clark Quote
Fantastic capture and a very crisp rendition
Thanks!
01-17-2017, 04:28 PM - 2 Likes   #4
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Now that's quite a capture... well done indeed.

01-18-2017, 10:03 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow.
I love this!
01-19-2017, 12:52 AM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

Lovely shot!
01-19-2017, 06:32 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Lovely shot!
QuoteOriginally posted by CeciProAm Quote
Wow.
I love this!
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Now that's quite a capture... well done indeed.
Thank you all for the kind words!
01-29-2017, 07:43 AM - 1 Like   #8

Very amazing. I really love the stark contrasts and that you managed to keep the exposure right without blowing out highlights.

02-06-2017, 11:42 AM - 1 Like   #9
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by UserAccessDenied Quote
2016 was an incredible year for me - I learned so much in the last 12 months from this forum and attribute any photographic success to the entire PF community.
It's difficult to select a single photo from a full year of shooting. I was learning new techniques, new styles, trying to find subjects that interest me...

This shot is taken from Assateague Island National Seashore, in Maryland. I live a few minutes away from here and try to visit twice a week at minimum. I was lucky to capture these two Egrets last spring during mating season.
They were in a small cove and the sun was just about to set. I sat and watched their elegant "dance" for a while, I didn't want to disturb them. Once they were comfortable with me being a spectator, I took a few shots and moved on.

2017 is already bringing me more knowledge and opportunity. I'm hoping this spring will be as active as the last!

Great shot!
02-06-2017, 03:59 PM - 1 Like   #10
Forum Member

Beautiful
02-09-2017, 03:15 PM   #11
Forum Member

Lovely photo!
06-03-2018, 08:27 AM   #12

Beatiful
06-23-2018, 02:12 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Oh, how gorgeous!
07-21-2018, 09:48 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

very beautiful shot! love the look
01-09-2019, 08:05 PM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Beautiful capture!