Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Scattered storms in the Pilbara
Lens: Sigma 18-125 DC HSM Camera: K-70 Photo Location: Tom Price , western Australia ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: ranmar850, 01-27-2017, 05:15 AM

I was sitting parked high on a rock out of Tom Price in the Pilbara,WA, last evening. I had the feeling an approaching storm coming at me from behind would force me to shelter before the sky really lit up, so I took some early. Still magnificent scenes.

Last edited by ranmar850; 01-27-2017 at 05:16 AM. Reason: typos
Views: 684
01-27-2017, 02:57 PM   #2
PJ1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Interesting pics. I like to first one best. That band line of light between the sharp lower edge of the cloud and the horizon, broken up by the rain, makes a nice focal point.
01-27-2017, 03:29 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Interesting pics. I like to first one best. That band line of light between the sharp lower edge of the cloud and the horizon, broken up by the rain, makes a nice focal point.
Agree........
01-27-2017, 04:30 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you. That is a 12 shot panorama stitch in PS. I had others similar, but not quite as sharp inthe manner you have commented on.

and a single 18mm shot.

01-28-2017, 02:49 AM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Lovely light. It reminds me of the sunset I saw from a recent flight to Singapore while flying over WA. I saw isolated storms like those you've captured, but from overhead. Are they online anywhere? It would be nice to see the panoramas in higher resolution.
01-28-2017, 03:54 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Landscapes - ranmar
Landscapes - ranmar
Landscapes - ranmar
Landscapes - ranmar
Landscapes - ranmar

These should link you to them in my Smugmug page. there is also alink to mySmugmug gallery at the bottom of my posts, haven't uploaded any of these up there yet.
As we know ,photography is all about the light. And the Pilbara just does fabulous early morning and afternoon light. Day time tends to be flat and hard in the heat.
01-28-2017, 04:14 AM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ranmar850 Quote
These should link you to them in my Smugmug page. there is also alink to mySmugmug gallery at the bottom of my posts, haven't uploaded any of these up there yet.
As we know ,photography is all about the light. And the Pilbara just does fabulous early morning and afternoon light. Day time tends to be flat and hard in the heat.
Now if I could just convince myself to sleep at night and get up early.

I like this one the most of the shots I saw on smugmug. They definitely look better full screen in HD. I definitely have to get over the WA sometime. Thanks for posting!