Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
10 Likes  #1
Cozy Rual Scene for a Cozy old member
Lens: DA* 16-50 Camera: K5 II Photo Location: Alberta, Canada ISO: 80 Shutter Speed: 1/320s Aperture: F7.1 
Posted By: daacon, 01-27-2017, 07:09 AM

I like to pop my head in at least once a year. Still alive , still shooting I still view all your great shots now and again. So a belated happy New Year to everyone and especially some of the 'old timers' that I do miss even though most of us have never met (I did mange to meet a few here in real life). Let me leave you with a quaint scene I managed to capture a few days ago. Some recent weather conditions (hoarfrost) certainly helped with the scene. Hope you enjoy.

Views: 1,819
01-27-2017, 08:04 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Beautiful shot, old buddy. When we lived in Ohio, hoarfrost was not uncommon, and I'd try to capture its look on film. I never got anything close to as good as your pic.

Nothing like that down here - in fact, we've had summer all winter! If your sister still lives in Katy, she's probably told you that already.

Great hearing from you. I had a quick "word" with JIMBO a few weeks back - sounds (and looks) like he's gone photographically big time. I often miss the old gang when the forum was new and we didn't take ourselves too seriously!

Jer
01-27-2017, 08:30 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Jer , great to hear from ya! yeah Jimbo is all in with photography, I chat with him a few times on FB, but, have not seen him in a couple of years at least. He is here next week maybe we an hook up. My niece graduated Nursing School (UMBH) in December last year so my wife and I flew down to Katy for a few days for the Pinning and Commencement ceremony . We stayed in Katy, Belton and then two days in San Antonio. Good gawd it was Texas cold I'll tell ya. In Belton the overnight low was 32F !! We did get to see the River Walk in San Antonio with all the Christmas lights which was most impressive. That and an evening in some Irish pup on the walk made it a great stay despite the weather. I hope all is well in your world my friend. One of these days when I get down there I hope we can hook up (Last trip was tough as I had been away so much for work we could only manage 5 days). Take care buddy (what the heck are you driving these days ?).
01-27-2017, 11:10 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Dave. Nice winter shot. I suspect our winter has been much the same as yours. How about posting more and lurking less?

01-27-2017, 11:44 AM   #5
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Magnificent Dave. Pop in any time. I may not comment on that much these days, but I always have time for your photos.
01-27-2017, 11:47 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Hi Dave. It is great to see you are alive and well and still shooting excellent images. I too mostly lurk but still enjoy seeing the images the "new" guys are posting.
01-27-2017, 12:04 PM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great shot Dave! Good to see you once in a while.... Miss the old gang....

01-28-2017, 05:09 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Really nice !
01-28-2017, 07:41 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Thanks Jer , great to hear from ya! yeah Jimbo is all in with photography, I chat with him a few times on FB, but, have not seen him in a couple of years at least. He is here next week maybe we an hook up. My niece graduated Nursing School (UMBH) in December last year so my wife and I flew down to Katy for a few days for the Pinning and Commencement ceremony . We stayed in Katy, Belton and then two days in San Antonio. Good gawd it was Texas cold I'll tell ya. In Belton the overnight low was 32F !! We did get to see the River Walk in San Antonio with all the Christmas lights which was most impressive. That and an evening in some Irish pup on the walk made it a great stay despite the weather. I hope all is well in your world my friend. One of these days when I get down there I hope we can hook up (Last trip was tough as I had been away so much for work we could only manage 5 days). Take care buddy (what the heck are you driving these days ?).
I forgot about the cold spell in December - I was huddled inside recovering from hernia surgery.

I hope we can get together sometime, too. Our daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter now live in the Katy area, so the logistics wouldn't be too tough.

Current cars are: BMW M4 Coupe as daily driver and Porsche 911 convertible as sports car.

Go safely, my friend.

Jer
01-28-2017, 06:37 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Welcome back Dave,
We need to get back to Canmore and back on those beautiful trails in Alberta.
01-28-2017, 06:38 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Long time no see Dave and thanks for presenting us with such a great shot.
01-30-2017, 09:28 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
Hi Dave. Nice winter shot. I suspect our winter has been much the same as yours. How about posting more and lurking less?
Thanks Steve you never know .....

QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
Magnificent Dave. Pop in any time. I may not comment on that much these days, but I always have time for your photos.
Thanks Marc appreciate you stopping by

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Hi Dave. It is great to see you are alive and well and still shooting excellent images. I too mostly lurk but still enjoy seeing the images the "new" guys are posting.
Thanks Susan - there sure is a lot of talent here yourself included.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Hi Rense thanks for stopping by yeah those early days were good but chance is good as well.

QuoteOriginally posted by old4570 Quote
Really nice !
Thanks old4750 appreciate it !

QuoteOriginally posted by lukulele Quote
Welcome back Dave,
We need to get back to Canmore and back on those beautiful trails in Alberta.
Thanks lukulele - hope to get back to the mountains soon (September was last visit so long ago!)

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Long time no see Dave and thanks for presenting us with such a great shot.
Thanks eaglem appreciate you stopping by to comment.

---------- Post added 01-30-2017 at 10:28 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
I forgot about the cold spell in December - I was huddled inside recovering from hernia surgery.

I hope we can get together sometime, too. Our daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter now live in the Katy area, so the logistics wouldn't be too tough.

Current cars are: BMW M4 Coupe as daily driver and Porsche 911 convertible as sports car.

Go safely, my friend.

Jer
Cool hopefully we can make it happen
01-30-2017, 12:25 PM   #13
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
What he said ^ ^ ^

I think about you and the rest of the "pioneers" every once in awhile. I am still here despite being low on both pertinent experience and money to buy new toys. Glad to see you are still doing well.

Steve
01-30-2017, 01:32 PM   #14

Beautiful shot. Missing the snow!!!
01-31-2017, 12:14 AM   #15
Veteran Member

HE LIVES!!!!
Looking good Dave noice to see you around

cheers

Ivan