Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2017-01-30 Daily report.
Lens: DFA 28-105- Tamtron 300 and 1.4 TC Camera: K-1 Photo Location: Algonquin park 
Posted By: normhead, 01-31-2017, 10:08 AM

The daily report.

Morning dog walk. We wait until it warms up enough their feet don't get frozen, then we go.

They still have to stop often to lick the ice out from between their toes. Apparently toe ice tastes good.

On a frozen lake with no footsteps, everyone knows where you go.

Puddle ice

Later the same day

The day ended with a nice sunset.

When you get a sunny day, you have to go play, we haven't had many this year. Today's as good, but I'm exhausted from all the activity from the last few days. I've been pushing snow blowers, starting cars, twice got the Kia stuck in snow drifts an had to dig it out, went for a couple of dog walks in the bush, plowed the driveway, shovelled where needed and went out twice for photographic expeditions. That on top of the dailey chores, keeping up with the bird feeders, splitting wood and bring it in the house. I need a rest.
Views: 905
01-31-2017, 07:53 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Another exceptionally good series of shots..........
01-31-2017, 08:02 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Another exceptionally good series of shots..........
Thanks for commenting eaglem
01-31-2017, 08:09 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Thanks for commenting eaglem
Was wondering if you got my PM explaining the problem with posting photos from Photobucket and the changes of security on the Pentax Forum.

01-31-2017, 11:59 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Love your shots Norm, The 10th one with the snow covered trees and purple sky is beautiful.
Do you ever get snowy owls where you are at? I went up to Amherst Island last February looking for some. I found one out on the frozen lake, it was -13F with wind chills of -25 I couldn't take it long enough to get any good shots. I was thinking of taking a ride up this March to try again.
02-01-2017, 05:56 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Was wondering if you got my PM explaining the problem with posting photos from Photobucket and the changes of security on the Pentax Forum.
Yes, my technical knowledge of the situation is so limited I doubt I could have come up with a meaningful response.
02-01-2017, 08:35 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Yes, my technical knowledge of the situation is so limited I doubt I could have come up with a meaningful response.
No worries, Unless Photobucket change their system it looks as though we'll be stuck with the problem but I'm sure we'll survive it.

02-01-2017, 06:44 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Great series, Norm.

In the second last one, is that a sun dog off to the right over the road?
02-01-2017, 06:46 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GerryJM Quote
Great series, Norm.

In the second last one, is that a sun dog off to the right over the road?
We were looking at that earlier today, we don't know what it is. We speculate a thin spot in the clouds that refracted the light coming through it,

Or maybe we really live in another galaxy far far away where our planet orbits twin suns.

Last edited by normhead; 02-01-2017 at 07:07 PM.
02-01-2017, 09:52 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice series, Norm
If I lived in your part of the world (beautiful though it is!) I wouldn't be going for too many walks.

OK, I don't go for enough walks where I am.
But all that white stuff on the ground...
And I'm not much good at licking snow from between my toes either.
02-02-2017, 06:50 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks rod_grant. As posted elsewhere, I was down to a long sleeve t-shirt on part of this walk. After snow shoeing for 20minutesd you get hot enough to start taking off layers. You go on the walk to warm up, and it will be as warm as you get all day.You're right it's cold, but there are maybe 10 days a year when you can't go out and play.

There is no bad weather. Just bad preparation for the weather you have.

Last edited by normhead; 02-02-2017 at 06:47 PM.
02-02-2017, 06:21 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Norm. out of all the area photo's I have seen on this sight yours gives me the most sense of peace. You two are extremely luck to live in a beautiful location and seeing images like this makes me wish I were there. Thank you for sharing Norm. JIMBO
02-02-2017, 06:51 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Norm. out of all the area photo's I have seen on this sight yours gives me the most sense of peace. You two are extremely luck to live in a beautiful location and seeing images like this makes me wish I were there. Thank you for sharing Norm. JIMBO
Thanks for the comment. We wake up every morning knowing our dog walk is better than many people's vacations. It's not the place for everyone, but it's the place for us.

---------- Post added 02-02-17 at 09:02 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by KiloHotelphoto Quote
Love your shots Norm, The 10th one with the snow covered trees and purple sky is beautiful.
Do you ever get snowy owls where you are at? I went up to Amherst Island last February looking for some. I found one out on the frozen lake, it was -13F with wind chills of -25 I couldn't take it long enough to get any good shots. I was thinking of taking a ride up this March to try again.
There have been a few snowy owls here but I saw mine in St. Catherines. A few years ago. They seem to enjoy the wide open spaces like the wineries around St. Catherines. There are very few places here with enough open fields and rodent population to support them.