Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
5 Likes  #1
Debora
Lens: sigma 50 1.4 Camera: Pentax K-3 Photo Location: Italy ISO: 500 Shutter Speed: 1/20s Aperture: F2.8 
Posted By: wolfhask, 02-01-2017, 09:02 AM


Views: 1,033
02-01-2017, 09:24 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Durban
Posts: 888
Excellent portrait; beautiful model! Thanks for sharing.
Best.
02-01-2017, 10:27 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 35,938
Awesome portrait. Great work.
02-01-2017, 03:27 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 35,035
Very nice indeed.

02-01-2017, 04:10 PM   #5
Forum Member




Join Date: Jan 2015
Photos: Albums
Posts: 83
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Charlie Victor Quote
Excellent portrait; beautiful model! Thanks for sharing.
Best.

Thanks very much Charlie

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Awesome portrait. Great work.
Too kind Normhead

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Very nice indeed.
Thanks Eaglem
02-01-2017, 09:24 PM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian
LeRolls's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 4,220
Lovely shot. Nice mood and atmosphere too.
02-02-2017, 07:13 AM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 22,705
Very cool. Has a delightful "other worldly" look.

Jer
02-02-2017, 08:27 AM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
RGlasel's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Saskatoon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,870
I like the concept and composition of this image, but I'm not a fan of how much blurring is done in post-processing. In my opinion, it makes your model look plastic and her jacket and the swirling snow look like they are computer generated. Has nothing to do with your skill or creativity, just my preferences.

02-03-2017, 06:39 AM - 1 Like   #9
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
pjv's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 7,200
A stunning image. Very well taken.
02-04-2017, 01:31 AM   #10
Forum Member




Join Date: Jan 2015
Photos: Albums
Posts: 83
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Lovely shot. Nice mood and atmosphere too.
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Very cool. Has a delightful "other worldly" look.

Jer
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
A stunning image. Very well taken.


Thanks to all
02-04-2017, 09:40 AM   #11
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 35,938
QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
I like the concept and composition of this image, but I'm not a fan of how much blurring is done in post-processing. In my opinion, it makes your model look plastic and her jacket and the swirling snow look like they are computer generated. Has nothing to do with your skill or creativity, just my preferences.
Not a fan of "Real Doll" photography then?
https://www.realdoll.com
02-04-2017, 01:38 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
RGlasel's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Saskatoon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,870
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Not a fan of "Real Doll" photography then?
https://www.realdoll.com
You should have warned me Norm, before I opened your link. I had to close the browser when my wife walked by. To answer your question (sort of), real doesn't have to be that attractive to be better than fake, in my opinion of course. I'm sure this is a photo of a very beautiful real person and it is a well planned and executed photo, only the amount of blurring applied that I thought was excessive.
02-04-2017, 01:44 PM   #13
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 35,938
QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
You should have warned me Norm, before I opened your link. I had to close the browser when my wife walked by. To answer your question (sort of), real doesn't have to be that attractive to be better than fake, in my opinion of course. I'm sure this is a photo of a very beautiful real person and it is a well planned and executed photo, only the amount of blurring applied that I thought was excessive.
I would click on the link now to see how bad it was, but Tess is behind me.

Last edited by normhead; 02-04-2017 at 07:42 PM.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
People Deborah Conway Jimbob Productions Post Your Photos! 0 01-30-2010 06:53 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:39 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top