Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
LBA post -- sort of....
Posted By: Mallee Boy, 08-06-2008, 01:14 AM

My K20D has had a couple of trips to the doctor, which I will talk about more later, but please note the absence of any shrill posts bagging the product. I have had to take new cars, trucks, tractors & motor bikes back to dealers to over the years, which is why they all have service departments. I just hope it is fixed this time.

Anyway, I was toiling away with the DS, but I wasn't happy shooting too much at 6mpx that I may want to use at a later date in my "next life" (leave that alone for the moment). add to that a shutter button issue on the DS that was going from an occasional issue to a regular issue fairly quickly.

So I replaced Anne's DS with a K200D, and what a lovely camera it is, she kindly let me use it

So here is the first shots with the K200 and FA 43ltd.
Cheers.

Last edited by Mallee Boy; 12-27-2008 at 02:08 AM.
Views: 1,656
08-06-2008, 02:29 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That looks like the kind of sky we've been getting in SA for the last couple of months. Flat light, really hard to get much contrast or range of colour. The K200 did allright, though, didn't it. Is that Brissie in the background? ("Scuse the ignorance, I haven't been to that part of Oz for decades and can't remember it).

Would you care to post something about your view of the K20? I'm very much enjoying my K100DS, but thinking I might want to go to a K20 further along the road, but also asking myself why? What do those extra pixels do? Have they really made a significant difference to the quality of your photos? I'd be very interested in your comments.
08-06-2008, 02:04 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wombat Quote
That looks like the kind of sky we've been getting in SA for the last couple of months. Flat light, really hard to get much contrast or range of colour. The K200 did allright, though, didn't it. Is that Brissie in the background? ("Scuse the ignorance, I haven't been to that part of Oz for decades and can't remember it).

Would you care to post something about your view of the K20? I'm very much enjoying my K100DS, but thinking I might want to go to a K20 further along the road, but also asking myself why? What do those extra pixels do? Have they really made a significant difference to the quality of your photos? I'd be very interested in your comments.
Hi Wombat,
Yes, I thought the K200 did pretty well, I almost bought one over the K20D. The plan was to then replace the DS with a K200 at a later date.

I will wait until I get my K20D back in my hands and use it, before commenting because I had a few misgivings from day one, hopefully those issues have been resolved.

The photo(s) are from Burleigh looking north to Surfers Paradise.
Cheers.
08-06-2008, 02:21 PM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Great looking shots.......I've talked several colleagues whom I work with into a K200D in the last 4 weeks, while I have a K20D and have had some concerns......I too would be curious as to your feedback on your misgivings.

My issues were with sharpness ( untill I started playing with the AF adjustment ) now things are much improved, but I'm concerned with the huge range of adjustment required from lens to lens ( from -10 to +7 ) with different lenses. Curious to hear your feedback

08-06-2008, 03:45 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice shots Grant - glad the K200D showed up. Too bad about the K20D but a good analogy. Also add into the mix first gen CMOS sensor. Hopefully it will come back bug free
08-07-2008, 02:14 AM   #6
Veteran Member

The first ones a good keeper

cheers