Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Racing on Ice (GSeries Andorra)
Lens: Sigma 100-300mm F4 Camera: Pentax K3 Silver Edition Photo Location: Pas de la Casa ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: red5isalive, 02-06-2017, 07:09 AM

Dear members, last Saturday my father and I went up all the way from Barcelona thru the French pyrinees and after a while passed the border to Andorra, to watch the GSeries racing wich is a series about cars racing on ice, on an icy racetrack.

There I let you a photo I like from that day, as we weren't able to take many because it was cold (around +1 degree celsius and very windy, at 2400m high), but hope you like it!

Views: 836
02-06-2017, 05:15 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Very interesting. I've never seen this before. I find it curious that the wheel well is flared, but the tires are so thin. I wonder what might be special about them.

Very well captured, action shot!
02-07-2017, 12:55 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by troika Quote
Very interesting. I've never seen this before. I find it curious that the wheel well is flared, but the tires are so thin. I wonder what might be special about them.

Very well captured, action shot!
Thank you troika,

Actually it was my first time live. There is a championship I believe hosted in France, the Trophée Andros wich is the biggest of that speciality that I know. This I guess it's based on that one.
Cars are made of different parts of different cars (in the picture Citroen front end and Ford Focus I back end) also lowered and I believe the engines have to have with rally I believe. But as there is not much information on their site and there are different categories I can't say, really.

What is special about them I guess is that they are very light, believe they have lots of power per kilogram and the tiny flared wheels would give them so much agility on the ice/snow surface.
02-07-2017, 03:33 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
snow/ice tyres are thin because of better grip. What you cannot see in this picture is also that rally tyres have really nasty spikes in them lots of then. If tyre would be any wider, it would float on snow more easy and not go through it to solid surface. Nice picture.

02-07-2017, 03:53 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
snow/ice tyres are thin because of better grip. What you cannot see in this picture is also that rally tyres have really nasty spikes in them lots of then. If tyre would be any wider, it would float on snow more easy and not go through it to solid surface. Nice picture.
True story, very well explained, thanks!
And thank you
02-07-2017, 06:06 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Action and color in one great shot. Nice job.

Jer
02-07-2017, 07:44 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Action and color in one great shot. Nice job.

Jer
Haha thank you Jer