Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Abandoned missile site
Posted By: alohadave, 08-06-2008, 06:04 PM

I went to an abandoned Nike Missile site today. It was a quick and dirty expedition to see what out there. It appears to be semi-active since a truck drove through as I was finishing up.

This is the main launch pad that the missiles were prepped and launched from. The elevators have been covered with fill and are inaccessible.

These appear to be the motor pool or maintenance building.

This is a generator building next to the motor pool building. It looks like there were 3 generators here.

Views: 2,402
08-06-2008, 06:24 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There's one about 2 minutes from my house (right next to my kid's school no less) I've been tempted to check out. Not sure if there is even that much left of it though. Interesting stuff.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, missile, motor, photo, pool, site