Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
English Electric Co. Deltic train
Lens: Pentax 02 5-15mm Camera: Pentax Q7 Photo Location: Shildon National Railway Museum, Co. Durham, England ISO: 1250 Shutter Speed: 1/30s Aperture: F4.5 
Posted By: BigMackCam, 02-17-2017, 02:37 PM

Another photo from today's visit to the Shildon National Railway Museum... This one, a beautiful (and powerful - 3300HP!) 1955 prototype "Deltic" diesel-electric train.

Attached Images

Views: 823
02-17-2017, 03:05 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you ever visit western Canada, be sure to stop in Sparwood, where I live. Our "biggest" attraction isn't a pirogi (Alberta has one) or Mosquito (many places) but a 350 ton capacity dumper truck that was in the Guinness Book of Records for 25 years. We used it in the nearby surface mine. The power train was 3300 hp GE diesel electric. Wikipedia entry for the 33-19 Terex Titan: Terex Titan 33-19
02-17-2017, 03:58 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A good crisp clear shot of this beast........
02-17-2017, 04:14 PM - 1 Like   #4
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
English Electric Co. Deltic train
Excellent image Mike methinks. Machinery used to have such character. Very good angle on this shot mate, well taken.

02-17-2017, 10:07 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Impressive for ISO 1250 on the Q7. How much PP did it take to clean it up?
02-18-2017, 01:08 AM   #6
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
If you ever visit western Canada, be sure to stop in Sparwood, where I live. Our "biggest" attraction isn't a pirogi (Alberta has one) or Mosquito (many places) but a 350 ton capacity dumper truck that was in the Guinness Book of Records for 25 years. We used it in the nearby surface mine. The power train was 3300 hp GE diesel electric. Wikipedia entry for the 33-19 Terex Titan: Terex Titan 33-19
Very interesting. That's some machine! Thanks for the info

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
A good crisp clear shot of this beast........
Thanks, Em... It's not an easy place to take photos because of all the overhead lights, but as a snap-shot I think it turned out OK

QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Excellent image Mike methinks. Machinery used to have such character. Very good angle on this shot mate, well taken.
Thank you, Pete I was really taken aback by the size of these machines. It's a fabulous museum, but there isn't a huge amount of room between the exhibits; getting decent shots was a bit of a challenge. Next time, I'll take a DSLR and a wider angle lens!

QuoteOriginally posted by caliscouser Quote
Impressive for ISO 1250 on the Q7. How much PP did it take to clean it up?
Thanks It didn't take much cleaning up... +25 luminance and +25 colour noise reduction on the RAW file, with +50 sharpening / +0.7 radius / +80 masking on the re-sized TIFF. The lighting is pretty good in the museum, which helped.