Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
5 Likes  #1
Please vote for me!
Lens: 31mm f1.8 Limited Camera: Pentax K-1 Photo Location: London ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: Peter Nutkins, 03-01-2017, 12:13 AM

[IMG][/IMG]
I have accidentally got through to the final of the Smithsonian Travel Photo competition.

I would really appreciate it if you would vote for my image....lets make a Pentax no.1!

Smithsonian Photo Contest

Have a good day

Peter
Views: 3,275
03-01-2017, 12:30 AM   #2
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
pjv's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 7,210
Voted !! Good luck Peter. This is a very worthy photograph.
03-01-2017, 12:37 AM   #3
Veteran Member
Peter Nutkins's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Derbyshire
Photos: Albums
Posts: 442
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Voted !! Good luck Peter. This is a very worthy photograph.
Thank you so much....I have never won anything before!
03-01-2017, 12:46 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2012
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,056
My friend you can count me in. Voted for a very interesting, original and well executed photograph.

Best of Luck.

Tony

03-01-2017, 12:56 AM   #5
Veteran Member
Peter Nutkins's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Derbyshire
Photos: Albums
Posts: 442
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
My friend you can count me in. Voted for a very interesting, original and well executed photograph.

Best of Luck.

Tony
Thanks Tony!
03-01-2017, 01:12 AM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hielands o' Scootlund
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 49,939
When I voted... I note the words "Thank you for your vote. Check back in 24 hours to vote again!"

So we've all go back and do it again tomorrow.
03-01-2017, 01:16 AM   #7
Veteran Member
Peter Nutkins's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Derbyshire
Photos: Albums
Posts: 442
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
When I voted... I note the words "Thank you for your vote. Check back in 24 hours to vote again!"

So we've all go back and do it again tomorrow.
Yay! Thank you KD
03-01-2017, 01:28 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 933
Voted for a great shot well taken but I thought Baker Street was a closed station ?

03-01-2017, 01:30 AM - 1 Like   #9
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hielands o' Scootlund
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 49,939
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Nutkins Quote
Yay! Thank you KD
I see you've got competition... another forum member has got a Gorilla through and is seeking votes too.
03-01-2017, 01:30 AM   #10
Veteran Member
Peter Nutkins's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Derbyshire
Photos: Albums
Posts: 442
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PenPusher Quote
Voted for a great shot well taken but I thought Baker Street was a closed station ?
Thanks! It was not closed...but it was very dark! Maybe they are slowly switching the lights out

Have a great day!

---------- Post added 1st Mar 2017 at 01:32 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
I see you've got competition... another forum member has got a Gorilla through and is seeking votes too.
Spotted that too, but I could not vote for his once I voted for my own. Still, good to see Pentax making a showing!
03-01-2017, 01:35 AM   #11
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hielands o' Scootlund
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 49,939
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Nutkins Quote
Spotted that too, but I could not vote for his once I voted for my own. Still, good to see Pentax making a showing!
Sneaked you a second vote just now off the iPhone too.
03-01-2017, 02:03 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 933
I'm confusing it with another station that had a circular staircase with lot of steps down to it which can't be Baker Street as I remember it was built with the old cut and fill method and so is pretty near the surface. Apologies about that. Will vote again tomorrow.

CD
03-01-2017, 02:50 AM   #13
PJ1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
PJ1's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mosquito Creek, Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,277
Done! That is a great pic. We were in the UK a few months ago. My wife just looked at your pic and said "We were there!" It is nice to recognise the place. But aside from that, this is an outstanding shot on any number of levels.
03-01-2017, 03:12 AM   #14
Veteran Member
Peter Nutkins's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Derbyshire
Photos: Albums
Posts: 442
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Sneaked you a second vote just now off the iPhone too.
Sneaky

---------- Post added 1st Mar 2017 at 03:15 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by PenPusher Quote
I'm confusing it with another station that had a circular staircase with lot of steps down to it which can't be Baker Street as I remember it was built with the old cut and fill method and so is pretty near the surface. Apologies about that. Will vote again tomorrow.

CD
Does this help

Top Five Toughest London Underground Staircases

Thanks for the vote!

---------- Post added 1st Mar 2017 at 03:16 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Done! That is a great pic. We were in the UK a few months ago. My wife just looked at your pic and said "We were there!" It is nice to recognise the place. But aside from that, this is an outstanding shot on any number of levels.
Hope you liked the UK...bit colder than home I expect

Glad you both like the pic

Peter
03-01-2017, 07:26 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 22,716
I just voted, Peter. Man, that is one cool shot. Congrats!!

Jer
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
1st, baker, camera, count, day, friend, jerry, luck, photo, photograph, pic, post, shot, smithsonian, street, thanks, vote, words
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nature Please Vote for My Photo in the Smithsonian Photo Contest! sealonsf Post Your Photos! 39 03-12-2017 10:53 AM
Shameless request- please vote for me.... dinneenp General Talk 2 11-07-2016 08:05 AM
Would you please vote for me.... RonHendriks1966 Pentax DSLR Discussion 60 05-19-2014 08:54 AM
oh please vote on me :P devisor Post Your Photos! 23 07-22-2009 12:21 PM
Dream Photo Assignment - Please vote for me!! ccallana Photographic Technique 2 03-08-2009 11:35 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:29 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top