Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
A Comparison in Lighting
Lens: Sigma 17-70mm Camera: K20D Photo Location: Louisville, KY 
Posted By: gjtoth, 03-03-2017, 07:57 AM

I shot the daffs again in natural light from the window seeing as it's a LOT brighter today. Also note that they've opened up a bit more a day later. Here is a comparison:

Natural light

Artificial Light

Views: 646
03-03-2017, 08:05 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'll go on the record as preferring natural light for this shot.
03-04-2017, 09:01 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DW58 Quote
I'll go on the record as preferring natural light for this shot.
Thanks, DW58. I much prefer natural light, too. However, it's not always the best. We've been having a LOT of rain lately with heavy overcast. So, the sun has been pretty much unavailable. It's when I resort to artificial lighting.
03-04-2017, 09:13 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gjtoth Quote
Thanks, DW58. I much prefer natural light, too. However, it's not always the best. We've been having a LOT of rain lately with heavy overcast. So, the sun has been pretty much unavailable. It's when I resort to artificial lighting.
We get our share of rain here in Oregon as well. Was supposed to rain all weekend but doesn't look too bad right now. May have to grab the camera and head out.