Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Selfie with art director on my shoulder
Lens: 77mm f1.8 Camera: K-1 Photo Location: Puerto Vallarta, Mexico ISO: 6400 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F3.2 
Posted By: frogoutofwater, 03-05-2017, 10:29 AM

My father spends a couple of months every year in Puerto Vallarta, and this year, he spent almost a week in the hospital with pneumonia. To thank his wonderful doctor for taking care of him (and my stepmother, who also got sick - but not as sick as him), he took me to visit her in order to do a photo shoot with her family of rescued animals: 5 dogs, 2 cats, 2 birds - plus the feral cat colony she cares for.

Of course, I was in heaven photographing everyone. This isn't my best quality photo, but it was a lot of fun to make this selfie with one her birds perched on my shoulder. I photographed into her mirrored china cabinet. Since I was photographing into a mirror, I decided not to use flash - hence, the high ISO.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Views: 1,101
03-05-2017, 01:22 PM   #2
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

What a fun photo! This would make a great Pentax advert
03-05-2017, 04:33 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great job. I imagine your assistant was paid in an abundance of sunflower seeds. )

Thanks so much for sharing.

tt
08-01-2018, 02:08 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by frogoutofwater Quote
My father spends a couple of months every year in Puerto Vallarta, and this year, he spent almost a week in the hospital with pneumonia. To thank his wonderful doctor for taking care of him (and my stepmother, who also got sick - but not as sick as him), he took me to visit her in order to do a photo shoot with her family of rescued animals: 5 dogs, 2 cats, 2 birds - plus the feral cat colony she cares for.

Of course, I was in heaven photographing everyone. This isn't my best quality photo, but it was a lot of fun to make this selfie with one her birds perched on my shoulder. I photographed into her mirrored china cabinet. Since I was photographing into a mirror, I decided not to use flash - hence, the high ISO.
Did your art director approve?

10-30-2019, 03:57 PM   #5
Veteran Member

haha lovely photo! Thanks for sharing!
10-30-2019, 04:06 PM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
with art director on my shoulder
You joke... I've had real ones (or so called) about as close as that to me.

10-30-2019, 06:02 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums

This is a truly funny photo.

With a similar one, I flipped in horizontally so that the 'Pentax' would be spelled correctly.

10-30-2019, 08:50 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Was that a Bird's Eye view?