Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
6 Likes  #1
Great week at the rookery
Lens: da*300mm F4 Camera: K5iis Photo Location: Venice Fl Rookery 
Posted By: dewolf, 03-12-2017, 06:03 PM

But sadly I dont have the space to shar the pics lol, except mayby 1.
But I am working to resolve that.
I got snakes, Egrets eating lizards, A Heron eating a dead chick. Green Herons eating fish, and finally some decent Bluejay shots.
In the mean time, here's a pretty Tri Coloured Heron, Egret with lizard, and a Bluejay.

Recently purchased a K3 mark 1, low mileage from a forum member. waiting for PayPal to do their thing lol, Can't wait to tune it to the DA* 300 and get shooting

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 

Views: 939
03-13-2017, 04:27 AM   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Excellent images. Very well taken.
03-13-2017, 10:15 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great shots. Hard to pick a favorite.
03-13-2017, 10:32 AM   #4

Photos: Albums
Really good shots ..... just a bit pity for the tail on the first

03-13-2017, 02:23 PM   #5
dewolf

QuoteOriginally posted by Sténon Quote
Really good shots ..... just a bit pity for the tail on the first
so you want a little tail do ya ???
Oppsie, uploaded the BW version and not the B version, my bad. Yea I did crop that tail a little to far didn't I. Thanks for the picking up on that.
Attached Images

Last edited by dewolf; 03-13-2017 at 05:08 PM.
03-14-2017, 07:35 AM   #6

Photos: Albums
Really very beautiful this heron ...... and more with his tail thanks a lot
03-14-2017, 02:38 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Great Shots! The Blue jay is a stunner and the egret with the Lizard as well. Nicely done! . That DA*300 served you well! I have been to the Venice Rookery in FL on several birding trips over the years.. Its a great spot, but a tad hard to find for a tourist! What time of day were you there?

al

03-14-2017, 03:03 PM   #8

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Top notch !
I think the picture of the heron is stronger with the crop, it brings the attention more on the head, which has beautiful light falling on it from the side... just my 2c.

great pictures,

Igor
03-14-2017, 07:54 PM   #9
dewolf

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentigor Quote
Top notch !
I think the picture of the heron is stronger with the crop, it brings the attention more on the head, which has beautiful light falling on it from the side... just my 2c.

great pictures,

Igor
i guess perhaps that's why i cropped it that way at first. I edit quickly so I don't mull over something to long. cropping and adjusting to what instinctively pleases me. Yes I can see the focus taken away from the head for sure. I do sometimes crop out part of an animal to focus on a different area. But I edited that some days ago and done recall lol.
I guess they both serve a purpose.

Thanks
03-24-2017, 06:36 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dewolf Quote
But sadly I dont have the space to shar the pics lol, except mayby 1.
But I am working to resolve that.
I got snakes, Egrets eating lizards, A Heron eating a dead chick. Green Herons eating fish, and finally some decent Bluejay shots.
In the mean time, here's a pretty Tri Coloured Heron, Egret with lizard, and a Bluejay.

Recently purchased a K3 mark 1, low mileage from a forum member. waiting for PayPal to do their thing lol, Can't wait to tune it to the DA* 300 and get shooting
Excellent shots!!
03-25-2017, 06:59 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Nice shots. That combo is doing well in your hands. Hoping to get down to Venice next winter.
03-25-2017, 08:27 AM   #12
dewolf

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Nice shots. That combo is doing well in your hands. Hoping to get down to Venice next winter.
weren't you here last year sometime ? cause I met a woman with a Pentax K-3 with the 300 F4 once about then. I'm the English bloke with thin hair and not so thin figure.
03-25-2017, 11:56 AM   #13
Veteran Member

weren't you here last year sometime ? cause I met a woman with a Pentax K-3 with the 300 F4 once about then. I'm the English bloke with thin hair and not so thin figure.
We were in Christmas Florida until Jan. 21. Went to the Orlando Wetlands, Merritt Island, and Viera. Haven't been to Venice so keep an eye out for me next year. I would love to say I am the beautiful blonde with the Pentax but that would just be an outright lie.
03-25-2017, 01:30 PM   #14
dewolf

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
We were in Christmas Florida until Jan. 21. Went to the Orlando Wetlands, Merritt Island, and Viera. Haven't been to Venice so keep an eye out for me next year. I would love to say I am the beautiful blonde with the Pentax but that would just be an outright lie.
LOL, well I will be the only one there with a Pentax
03-25-2017, 02:50 PM   #15
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
I will be the only one there with a Pentax
But it's good to be exclusive.