Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
Old dog learning new tricks.
Lens: FA 43mm Ltd. Camera: Pentax K-1 Photo Location: Tangipahoa River ISO: 2000 Shutter Speed: 1/640s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: vZwicky, 03-16-2017, 08:46 AM

My pup, Domineaux, finally getting the hang of being a good canoe dog.

A bit more backstory and photos from the day can be found in this thread, posted in the Paddlin' Pentaxians social group: Canoeing the upper Tangipahoa. Chatawa to Osyka. - Paddlin' Pentaxians - PentaxForums.com
Views: 831
03-16-2017, 08:54 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Very cool trip report on the other thread--I was very surprised by the topography, much less boogery than I'd expect of Southern Mississippi...I'd come closer to thinking y'all were in the Tupelo region.
03-16-2017, 09:20 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Love the photo.
03-16-2017, 09:37 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CreationBear Quote
...much less boogery than I'd expect of Southern Mississippi...
Ha! There's plenty of swamp booger country to the south of here. I grew up in South Louisiana. The beauty of these southern Mississippi hills is what drew my family to here many years ago.

A small aside: The town of Summit, MS, a few miles to the North was named such because it is the highest point on the railroad between New Orleans and Chicago. But that's not saying much when you consider the endless miles of corn flats...

03-16-2017, 10:40 AM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vZwicky Quote
The beauty of these southern Mississippi hills is what drew my family to here many years ago.

Very cool--I've lived in all the states contiguous with Mississippi, but not Mississippi itself (spent a lot of time on Hwy. 82, though, when I lived in Birmingham and would go back to visit my folks in Arkansas.) Between pine plantations and a 150 years of the plow, I suppose all these physiographic regions blend into one another these days, but it's great to get a few reminders of what they would have signified to the first people rolling through.
03-16-2017, 07:01 PM   #6

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
We discussed some of these things on the float - namely, how grand it would be to see the river and countryside as it was 500, 1000, or 10,000 years ago...

Last edited by vZwicky; 03-17-2017 at 08:10 AM.