Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Can I have a Whistle?...........
Lens: 18-250mm Camera: K-3 Photo Location: Canon City, CO 
Posted By: Bob Harris, 03-16-2017, 11:11 PM

.....seemed to be the question everyone was asking when the Wienermobile pulled into town. I looked at the line and remembered that I had gotten one clear back in 1957 when I was just a kid, my Mom still has it in her display case along with my Gene Autry pocket knife . What a surprise for us to see this favorite still around in Canon City, CO., bringing joy to the children and me too of course.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Views: 920
03-16-2017, 11:29 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
WOW That's an eye opener! Good shots.
03-16-2017, 11:45 PM   #3
Closed Account

Wonderful imagery Bob.
03-17-2017, 03:28 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great shot top subject, quirky.

03-17-2017, 05:03 AM - 1 Like   #5
smf
Pentaxian

Wienermobile information

Thanks very much, Bob, for posting your photos!

Here is a link to a website which provides some information and mentions availability of more via Twitter and Instagram:
Wienermobile | See Tour Schedule, Become a HotDogger, Download the App! | Oscar Mayer

I enjoyed photographing a Wienermobile years ago at the student-run International Auto show on the Northwood University campus in Midland, Michigan.
03-17-2017, 06:56 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
WOW That's an eye opener! Good shots.
thank you EM, hard to miss this one.
03-17-2017, 06:57 AM   #7
Pentaxian

I remember seeing the Oscar Mayer Weinermobile many years ago as a youngster...can't recall where....St. Louis seems to ring a bell. But I don't know for sure....details that long ago fade.

Gene Autry pocketknife...a memory too. I didn't have a Autry penknife, but I do recall back in the '50's, again as a youngster. getting my very own penknife, eventually when I got older getting a folding jackknife. They were part of growing up as a boy in Western Canada back in the 1950's and early '60's. I still have my old jackknife. The blade is broken, but it brings back some pleasant memories.

03-17-2017, 06:58 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Wonderful imagery Bob.
thanks Peter, it was fun to see this again but alas no new whistle for me

---------- Post added 03-17-17 at 05:59 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by AussieTrev Quote
Great shot top subject, quirky.
thanks Trev, and a bit odd to see on the highways too.

---------- Post added 03-17-17 at 06:02 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by smf Quote
Thanks very much, Bob, for posting your photos!

Here is a link to a website which provides some information and mentions availability of more via Twitter and Instagram:
Wienermobile | See Tour Schedule, Become a HotDogger, Download the App! | Oscar Mayer

I enjoyed photographing a Wienermobile years ago at the student-run International Auto show on the Northwood University campus in Midland, Michigan.
thank you so much for the information, looks like they have quite a busy schedule. This brought back so many memories when I was younger.

---------- Post added 03-17-17 at 06:06 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
I remember seeing the Oscar Mayer Weinermobile many years ago as a youngster...can't recall where....St. Louis seems to ring a bell. But I don't know for sure....details that long ago fade.

Gene Autry pocketknife...a memory too. I didn't have a Autry penknife, but I do recall back in the '50's, again as a youngster. getting my very own penknife, eventually when I got older getting a folding jackknife. They were part of growing up as a boy in Western Canada back in the 1950's and early '60's. I still have my old jackknife. The blade is broken, but it brings back some pleasant memories.
I got the knife when I was about six years old, too young to have it of course, at least that's what my Mom said and she kept it. It was forgotten by me and she was going through some old boxes and found it. I told her she could borrow it until I was responsible enough to have it. She still hasn't given it back.
03-17-2017, 08:38 AM - 1 Like   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote

I got the knife when I was about six years old, too young to have it of course, at least that's what my Mom said and she kept it. It was forgotten by me and she was going through some old boxes and found it. I told her she could borrow it until I was responsible enough to have it. She still hasn't given it back.

HaHa....good one.
03-17-2017, 09:52 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Do you have one of the Weinermobile plush toys?
03-18-2017, 07:19 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great shots, buddy. I didn't know these things were around anymore. I certainly remember them, but I'm not sure I've ever seen one in the flesh.

Jer
03-19-2017, 09:14 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gifthorse Quote
Do you have one of the Weinermobile plush toys?
I didn't remember those, maybe I'll get one on ebay for a great grandchild. thanks for the heads up.

---------- Post added 03-19-17 at 08:15 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Great shots, buddy. I didn't know these things were around anymore. I certainly remember them, but I'm not sure I've ever seen one in the flesh.

Jer
we actually had this pull into our grade school back in the 50's, seeing it in town brought back many memories.