Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
More !st Wedding Shots
Posted By: rmtagg, 08-09-2008, 09:23 PM

Last edited by rmtagg; 08-09-2008 at 10:51 PM.
Views: 1,384
08-09-2008, 09:25 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The future is bright ... very bright

Oh and for the Bride and Groom as well

cheers
08-09-2008, 09:33 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cupic Quote
The future is bright ... very bright

Oh and for the Bride and Groom as well

cheers
Very kind of you, I am pretty excited about these first pics. Keeping fingers crossed the the photog likes them Will know when I deliver them to him on Monday!
08-10-2008, 12:52 AM   #4
Damn Brit

#3 is a lovely shot Rosemary.
Gary

08-10-2008, 12:52 AM   #5
Damn Brit

#3 is a lovely shot Rosemary. You really captured the moment.
Gary
08-10-2008, 01:32 AM   #6
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes!
Rosemary, love your work.
natural poses, and great captures.
especially like 3, 6 and 7
I'm sure they'll like them all.
08-10-2008, 07:22 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Love #3 and 4 Rosemary! All great shots though! JIMBO

08-10-2008, 07:29 AM   #8
Veteran Member

werry nice.. and overall good natural feel to them
08-10-2008, 08:56 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A lot of natural looking shots, and I especially like #3 - looks to be a good start for you Rosemary! You also had some typical tough lighting and subject issues to deal with: the dark suits vs. the white dress... shaded areas... almost sounds like a boxing match...

As you may already know or are discovering, this sort of photography (and people in general) does take time to learn/discover what works best for you and the subject(s). I intentionally don't do a lot of people-related shooting (except historical reenactments, etc. - more public stuff), due to the many issues that can arise from shooting at a wedding. My first reception shoot was OK, and I had much, much more fun the second time round - that was a renewal of vows and a party. I had more opportunities to photograph the more intimate moments with the couple, their kids and the attendees.

One thing I came away with the second time round was a higher comfort level, and more involvement with people translated into a marked increase of the "keeper" count. I'm waiting to get the release and I will try to post a few of those images. They are very happy with them, and I am too.

I guess what I am saying in all of this is: once you've got the equipment/lighting, etc. side of things handled, let your hair down and all will fall into place.... unfortunately I cannot, since I shave my head...

Regards,
Marc
08-10-2008, 11:02 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
#3 is a lovely shot Rosemary. You really captured the moment.
Gary
Thank you the other 2 photogs shot that pose from the ground and I climbed up on a wall to shoot down wards and I really like how it turned out I did figure out one who climbs around on things should not be wearing a skirt, lol!

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Yes!
Rosemary, love your work.
natural poses, and great captures.
especially like 3, 6 and 7
I'm sure they'll like them all.
I hope so I have to get these to the photog monday so I am very nervous right now wondering if he is going to like them???

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Love #3 and 4 Rosemary! All great shots though! JIMBO
thank you very much.
Thanks, growing up as a tomboy on a farm has its advantages, he he he like learning to climb around on things. Being up on that wall gave a really nice POV for #3 & 4
QuoteOriginally posted by devisor Quote
werry nice.. and overall good natural feel to them
Oh, that is so nice to hear Thank you. This was my first time shooting a wedding and even though I was only a non paid 3rd shooter I was so very nervous!

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Langille Quote
A lot of natural looking shots, and I especially like #3 - looks to be a good start for you Rosemary! You also had some typical tough lighting and subject issues to deal with: the dark suits vs. the white dress... shaded areas... almost sounds like a boxing match...

As you may already know or are discovering, this sort of photography (and people in general) does take time to learn/discover what works best for you and the subject(s). I intentionally don't do a lot of people-related shooting (except historical reenactments, etc. - more public stuff), due to the many issues that can arise from shooting at a wedding. My first reception shoot was OK, and I had much, much more fun the second time round - that was a renewal of vows and a party. I had more opportunities to photograph the more intimate moments with the couple, their kids and the attendees.

One thing I came away with the second time round was a higher comfort level, and more involvement with people translated into a marked increase of the "keeper" count. I'm waiting to get the release and I will try to post a few of those images. They are very happy with them, and I am too.

I guess what I am saying in all of this is: once you've got the equipment/lighting, etc. side of things handled, let your hair down and all will fall into place.... unfortunately I cannot, since I shave my head...

Regards,
Marc
Good info Marc I do really have to work more with my flash for one thing and more in manual mode too. I found I was too unsure of my settings and kept checking and fiddling with my flash setting ins particular. I will make sure next time I will be more comfortable. The photog told me before we left that there was no pressure on me but when you want to do a really good job and expect a lot from yourself it is pressure no matter how you look at it.
lol, a few months ago I cut my hair pretty short so no letting mine down anymore for a while either, lol