Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Wedding season has begun... yay?
Posted By: codiac2600, 08-09-2008, 09:53 PM

So every month is another wedding and a couple of those months have two or more weddings... I need a vacation!

The Church

The Dress

The mother and the daughter

The bride

The dress on the bride

The groom

The rings

The deal is sealed

Tears are shed

The deal is done and signed

Now we want to get to the part bus but the photog is doing formals !?#$

Well the party made it to the formals...

Don't drop her or else!

Or she won't be in this picture with her new hubby...

Views: 2,460
08-10-2008, 07:21 AM   #16
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
The group shots I've setup a neat little rig for getting perfect illumination for a large group.

I setup 4 lightstands with strobes at 1/4 power and 30" shoot through white umbrellas. Two are set at the extremes and are pointed towards the people at the edges and about 2 feet towards the inside of the group are two more lights pointed right for the center.

This way I can shoot from anywhere and end up with an even illumination while balancing for daylight. Windy days are my only struggle, but I'm going to buy some camping spikes to hold down the lightstands on the really bad days cause sadnbags are too heavy to lug around IMO.
Very cool idea. You had indicated above that you are shooting a wedding today...can you take a quick wide angle shot that would include the strobes/umbrellas for us today (so I can get a sense of spacing, etc.)? Currently I only use natural light, some reflecting, and occasionally an external flash, but I'm very interested in learning about other lighting techniques...and I'm suitably impressed by the even lighting of the group shots.

c[_]

08-10-2008, 08:25 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great series, even better considering you were limited in your time to shoot!! Take a bow Chris...

Great fill light used in those shots - very, very well done!

Regards,
Marc
08-10-2008, 10:36 AM   #18
Veteran Member

I hope you are now happy with the business decission you took a few months back. Me thinks your work and results are exceptional and will go as far as saying they out-do many of those who have been in the business much longer than you.

And unlike those who are too good for the rest of us, you have never held back from sharing your techniques AND your lighting experiments.

Well done Chris.
08-10-2008, 11:08 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
I hope you are now happy with the business decission you took a few months back. Me thinks your work and results are exceptional and will go as far as saying they out-do many of those who have been in the business much longer than you.

And unlike those who are too good for the rest of us, you have never held back from sharing your techniques AND your lighting experiments.

Well done Chris.
What Chris said... you have never held back from sharing your techniques AND your lighting experiments. thank you

08-10-2008, 02:40 PM   #20
Damn Brit

That's a cool looking church, almost like an upside down boat. I wonder if it is built to the same dimensions as the ark.
Great setting for the outside shots, would be hard to go wrong (unless you asked them to step back too far).
Gary
08-10-2008, 06:25 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Really good series, Chris....I liked them all. The only thing that bugs me is the hand in the marriage license shot. I'd be inclined to crop out everything to the right of the groom's hand.
08-10-2008, 07:40 PM   #22
Inactive Account

Oustanding shots Chris, and you can be darn sure I'm taking notes!

I shoot my very first (very small) wedding for a coworker Sept. 20th and I'm a nervous wreck.

I've already warned him I'm not a wedding photographer and I don't have the gear for great shots (though I've just ordered $1100 worth of stuff), but he doesn't care so I'm studying all I can to get better.

I'm really glad you share your lighting setup, etc. And that rings + Bible(?) shot is outstanding -- Something I've never seen and wouldn't have thought of, but I'm definitely going to use this idea if I can.