Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Vegetarians are strongly advised not to look
Camera: Pentax K-1 Photo Location: City of Xi'an China 
Posted By: Schraubstock, 03-21-2017, 04:54 AM

Hi
As a travel photographer I can't offer any flower, bird, pet or ,heaven forbid, squirrels pictures. (Sorry Rupert)

But you might be interested to look at some images from a part of the world most people don't visit. This time from the city of Xi'an (pronounced "Chee - ahhn) This is the Muslim street and it gets very busy late in the afternoon with lots of people come to grab some food from the many street eateries.

Have an open mind and enjoy, if you can.

Cheers

Last edited by Schraubstock; 04-03-2017 at 03:13 AM.
Views: 702
03-21-2017, 05:49 AM   #2
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
As a travel photographer I can't offer any flower, bird, pet or ,heaven forbid, squirrels pictures. (Sorry Rupert)
You can't offer any squirrel shots because they ate them all! I think squirrels "went extinct" in China around 1900?

Street food vendor shots have always been some of my very favorite subjects. Your shots are excellent and very enjoyable to view, very high quality!

I have a good friend that is currently in China teaching at a university and he sends me a lot of great shots, and my request is always for more street food shots. So you can always send them to me to be certain they are fully appreciated!

Best Regards!
03-21-2017, 06:53 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
...my request is always for more street food shots. So you can always send them to me to be certain they are fully appreciated!
Thanks Rupert
Your request shall be granted. I will post three more pics just for you.

By the way, the two guys swinging wooden mallets are flattening out toffee. In case you are wondering.

Cheers

Last edited by Schraubstock; 04-03-2017 at 03:13 AM.
03-21-2017, 07:33 PM   #4
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Your request shall be granted. I will post three more pics just for you.
Thanks, and those are more excellent shots. I'd love to be there and sample some of the food. I bet the aromas are wonderful too. Street vendors and sidewalk cafes are always intriguing places for me.

Regards!