Alex
Camera: K-1 
Posted By: clackers, 03-21-2017, 04:28 PM

Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro

Pentax D FA 50mm f2.8 Macro

Views: 705
03-22-2017, 07:16 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

The top one has great presence and panache! Very good exposure control and balance with the background and the 'high key' look to her face works well. I do think the hands and fingers are a distraction though, perhaps more a negative aspect than a plus ....it's probably the particular shape and gesture she's making, something more delicate and refined in the positioning would improve if I think . And I'm wondering if having all of the flowers in behind visible would be better, rather than cut off on the right edge ....?

I'm assuming the 2nd one is your 'pullback' to show more of the setup......I can see there's light coming from her left and in front, it would be good for us flash gear geeks t know the details ....
03-23-2017, 03:20 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks, @mcgregni, appreciate it!

The second shot is the real one. It's a creative/fashion workshop- the dress is an original, finished on the day. I wanted her to pose like a storefront mannequin - she was up for it. Very much an act on her part, she's no ice maiden but a gregarious singer.

The first shot wouldn't be a fashion keeper. Too much engagement- looking at the camera. I just decided to do an impromptu portrait.

The setup? There are no flashes here, it's all third-floor window light camera right. The top pic had white foamboard held up camera left.

Last edited by clackers; 03-23-2017 at 09:46 PM.
03-24-2017, 02:03 AM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Ah, I had it all the wrong way round . That reflected light looks like a lovely big soft light source.