Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Hitch hikers
Lens: !8-135 WR Camera: K-3 Photo Location: Tasmania - King Island 
Posted By: Unregistered User 8, 03-24-2017, 05:15 PM

Some times the Australian bush is not a pleasant place. My wife was tired at the end of the day from carrying these little devils around !!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Views: 782
03-24-2017, 07:56 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I hope those little buggers don't bite, I'll bet that is an interesting place to explore Peter.
03-24-2017, 08:12 PM - 1 Like   #3
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
I hope those little buggers don't bite, I'll bet that is an interesting place to explore Peter.
This fly type doesn't bite Bob ( unlike the horse and sand flies ) but they are just really annoying. They almost swarm at times there are that many. I have to make sure I walk with my mouth closed ( wifey enjoys that bit !! ) or else you swallow a few over the day. King Island which is off the north-west corner of Tasmania is a special place. Very small population to land mass, and wonderful places for walking/trekking.
03-24-2017, 11:02 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Now I know why the Australians invented that broad brimmed hat, with the bobbing corks tied at intervals around the brim of the hat. I guess for the same reason that Canadians invented the Trapper or Mountie fur lined hat.

Necessity !

03-24-2017, 11:12 PM   #5
Closed Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Now I know why the Australians invented that broad brimmed hat, with the bobbing corks tied at intervals around the brim of the hat.
Those hats look really silly, but work beautifully. We don't see many ( any ) around now. I would rather look silly and be fly free, than constantly brushing them away.
03-25-2017, 07:14 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I guess this is why I haven't suffered from a fly in the ointment recently, Peter: the flies are all down your way on spring break!

We'll soon be facing the plague of SE Texas - mosquitos the size of drones.

Jer
03-25-2017, 02:37 PM   #7
Closed Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
I guess this is why I haven't suffered from a fly in the ointment recently, Peter: the flies are all down your way on spring break!

We'll soon be facing the plague of SE Texas - mosquitos the size of drones.

Jer
Good luck when those " skeeters " arrive Jer. My skin crawls when I think of them swarming, as I have a small allergic reaction to their bites.