Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Recent Boston trip
Lens: 18-135 Camera: K70 
Posted By: Scotteroni, 03-26-2017, 07:16 PM

I went to a flower show in Boston Mass yesterday. I didn't get any good flower pictures but found some inspiration walking around Quincy Market on a gloomy afternoon.

Attached Images

Views: 786
03-31-2017, 08:31 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cool!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-03-2017, 03:26 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks Adam

04-04-2017, 02:51 AM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots.

04-04-2017, 04:43 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I love that city. The first shot has a slightly surreal look, the second an interesting pattern and colors. Good stuff.
04-04-2017, 07:01 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
I love that city. The first shot has a slightly surreal look, the second an interesting pattern and colors. Good stuff.
I agree with the first shot looking surreal, it wasnt until i finished some post processing that I realized it looked like a frame shot of a scene from a video game. I'm not a big fan of extreme HDR but I wanted to emphasize the contrast of city moody gray gritiness of the building vs the welcoming glow coming from the interior hallway but once you reach the top of the stairs going down you see the warning sign and the locked doors. I wanted to convey tension and confusion and all i could think of when giving the photo a title was the word "Safety?" I'm not sure if I captured or conveyed that thinking and emotion in the photo. Id be interested in other viewers reactions. I think the composition mostly works, I had some lens distortion adjustments to make and shot to close so it didnt allow much room for cropping especially on the sides.

The upshot of the building with the gold arrows. That was looking up from the courtyard at Quincy Market. Being a gloomy kind of gray day softened the lines and edges of the building so i pumped up some detail and contrast plus hdr to bring it out. I liked the composition, I'm not sure that could of been cropped much differnetly to improve but maybe somebody has a suggestion. all comments made so far have been appreciated.