Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Great day Fish'n
Lens: Tamron 28-300 (3.5-63) Camera: K3 Photo Location: CT Rivers 
Posted By: brewmaster15, 03-28-2017, 11:20 AM

Gray,raining day, so I thought I'd hit a local stream for some long exposure work... started to rain so was leaving when up pulls a few "fisherman"... funny thing is they were releasing not catching.

IMGP9191

IMGP9193

IMGP9207

IMGP9216

IMGP9217

IMGP9218

IMGP9225

IMGP9229

IMGP9231

Not something you see everyday, a bit bummed that the weather wasn't better for the pics, I missed a bunch good pics. But hey, can't do much about rain. More importantly, I now know where the trout fishing might just be good when the season opens up in 12 days.

al
Views: 748
03-28-2017, 12:06 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Stocking trout. Nice pix. Reminds me of my younger days, fishing.

I used to fly fish (wet flies and water Boatman) trout, but mostly I liked fly fishing for Northern Pike. Great fighters, they seemed to love big red and white wet flies. Always used debarbed single hook and released back into the body of water.
03-28-2017, 02:36 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks. I can't wait for fishing season here. Its just good to get out and sit by the river! Honestly though the trout being stocked in that river look great, but they don't have the fighting spirit. There are native brookies there that are half the size and put up twice the fight.

al
03-29-2017, 08:10 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
this is going to make a lot of fisherman happy in a couple of days, interesting photos Al.

03-29-2017, 10:09 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by brewmaster15 Quote
Thanks. I can't wait for fishing season here. Its just good to get out and sit by the river! Honestly though the trout being stocked in that river look great, but they don't have the fighting spirit. There are native brookies there that are half the size and put up twice the fight.

al
I found that to be the case too...hatchery raised , stocked fish seem to miss the fighting spirit. I think that's why I liked the battle with a good sized Northern Pike. Up here in my area, they don't do much hatchery breeding with pike, it's mostly trout, as pike seem to do just fine in their natural state.

When good sized 'northern' hits a fly...it's all hands on deck.
03-30-2017, 04:51 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by brewmaster15 Quote
a bit bummed that the weather wasn't better for the pics, I missed a bunch good pics.
Hi
Don't be too bummed. Grey rainy days are not bad for photography. Usually the light is soft and even and if you know what you are doing the pics taken on such days are not necessarily inferior from those taken in bright sunlight and often fit the mood better. They are only different. The location and mood in your shots fit the overcast day well enough I would say. The pictures have a very strong yellow cast, remove that and you will be amazed.

Greetings
03-30-2017, 05:24 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Hi
Don't be too bummed. Grey rainy days are not bad for photography. Usually the light is soft and even and if you know what you are doing the pics taken on such days are not necessarily inferior from those taken in bright sunlight and often fit the mood better. They are only different. The location and mood in your shots fit the overcast day well enough I would say. The pictures have a very strong yellow cast, remove that and you will be amazed.

Greetings
Thank you for the comments and suggestion.... I made a few color color corrections , should be better now on the yellow cast...

IMGP9191

IMGP9193

IMGP9225

thanks again,
al