Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

My first to weeks with a K20D, my first Dslr, 35/2,8 macro LTD (alot of pictures)
Posted By: melander, 08-10-2008, 03:14 PM

Got my first DSLR 2 weeks ago, I only got one lens and its the 35/2,8 Macro LTD, so naturaly all the shots are made with that combo. Little to non PP

My first Macro shot, think its nr 20 shutter click.

Not many cool insects in sweden, flys we got, and are lazy so eazy to catch

Play with fire, then make food over it

Bumblee bee, like the background alot on this

my lovely cat, guarding her teritory

I like this Xmas reject

Remains after a bonfire

Getting this printed to hang on the citchen wall

Construction

The view from the summer cabin

Götheborg, reproduces sailer SOIC - SOIC [NS4 version], They sailed it to china and back (the long way around africa

A... flower

So many flowers

Rain is butifull

So many detail, see crop below

You can Almost see the brand and model name, maby if I call CSI they can enhance it

I love this picture

And ofcause this on (https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/34282-papermill-differen...tml#post313419)

Thats all folks

Last edited by melander; 08-12-2008 at 02:01 AM.
Views: 3,409
08-12-2008, 12:32 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Excellent series. You have really shown the capabilities of the 35mm macro. Thanks for sharing.

08-12-2008, 12:55 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Some very nice shots in there. Some of them aren't so interesting but there are also some stunners

Try to experiment with white balance more, and be careful to get the difference between shade and cloudy right. Some of them are a little off focus. I dont know if you are using centre point or not, but with your macro work its best to use the centre point to get more control.
And don't be afraid to stop that lens down a bit! Especially with your macro shots, that little extra depth makes all the difference!

Your last shot is my favourite. I reckon you need to think about composition more. Constantly keep in mind the rule of thirds etc.
08-13-2008, 12:01 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I use centerpoint focus almost all the time.
The problem I have is the lack of tripod, so holding the camera still and maintaining focus while you have to use low f numbers to get the shutterspeed right (making the DoF smaler) is a pain.

But i got a tripod from a workmate that aparently is in my office waiting now, so will have some fun testing it out.