Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Dinner preparations
Lens: 18-55mm Camera: *ist DS Photo Location: BC, Canada ISO: 200 Aperture: F4.5 
Posted By: AlexBW, 03-29-2017, 02:48 PM

Preparing dinner in the back country in British Columbia, Canada. My wife took this lovely photo a few years back, so I claim no credits for it (except for the choice of toque).

There's an interesting story to this dinner as well. As part of the dinner, we had brought dehydrated split-pea soup. This soup mix had previously been brought on a one-week kayaking trip a few months ago as food reserve, but was never eaten. It therefore made it back home and was packed for this camping trip. While eating the soup I thought, hey, what are these funny looking black-eyed-peas floating around in the soup. Closer examination revealed that a few of the "black-eyed peas" had wings. Turned out they were maggots and flies.... Guess the packaging must have got damaged and the contents moist on the previous trip, causing some unexpected additional proteins.
We had a good laugh over it after tossing out the rest of the soup. Maybe the special soup gave us wings to climb to the top of this peak (Jim Kelly 2107m) in no time the next day?

Here's a another photo from the trip (also taken by my wife).

I think the photos show that an old Pentax with a kit lens can deliver great photos, so no need to break the bank to try out DSLR photography.
Views: 592
03-29-2017, 03:06 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Just beautiful Countryside! and memories I am sure. Your Wife is one heck of a good photographer! Nicely Done!

I got a kick out of your story, Been there and done that too many times with the unexpected critters in the food.

Thanks for sharing!

al