Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Bambi
Lens: Pentax- F*300 Camera: K20d Photo Location: Florida ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F4.5 
Posted By: brewmaster15, 04-06-2017, 12:23 PM

_IGP0118
Views: 769
04-06-2017, 01:13 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Cute!
04-07-2017, 08:42 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yes it is. I have other pics where you can still the spots, though they are fading...This one is definitely a young one still.

al
04-07-2017, 09:36 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice to see renewed nature at its best !
You should maybe post those with them spots!

04-07-2017, 09:47 AM   #5
Veteran Member

When did you take this? I see it's from Florida, but this can't be a recent photo if you're saying the spots are fading already.
04-07-2017, 10:18 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jtkratzer Quote
When did you take this? I see it's from Florida, but this can't be a recent photo if you're saying the spots are fading already.
Thanks! Feb 2009, Myakka River state park, FL, I have spent the last week archiving all my images onto new Drives, and this one caught my eye... thought I would share it.

al

---------- Post added 04-07-17 at 10:34 AM ----------

Thinking on it, it does seem soon for spots to fade, but at the Time... sure did look like spots, and the deer there were small.

Anyhow... maybe it was a youngster from the year before and its just holding its spots faintly.

_IGP0083

al
04-07-2017, 12:23 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by brewmaster15 Quote
Thanks! Feb 2009, Myakka River state park, FL, I have spent the last week archiving all my images onto new Drives, and this one caught my eye... thought I would share it.

al

---------- Post added 04-07-17 at 10:34 AM ----------

Thinking on it, it does seem soon for spots to fade, but at the Time... sure did look like spots, and the deer there were small.

Anyhow... maybe it was a youngster from the year before and its just holding its spots faintly.

_IGP0083

al
Likely a late birth from the year before. They normally hit the ground between April - July, so for you to have a fawn, even with faint spots, let alone any, had to be the year before. The late-born doe fawns usually come into estrous later in the fall and with the late breeding, likely drop their fawns later in the summer. I'm an archery hunter and I enjoy being in the tree with a camera and seeing the young ones run around chasing each other, playing, still completely dependent upon mom and unaware of the dangers of life on the prey side of the food chain. I don't take fawns or does with fawns still clinging to them, so I just enjoy being close and getting pictures/videos for the kids. It's fun to get close enough to see the chest expand and contract with their breathing and they don't know you're there. I had a doe and three fawns bed down within 25 yards of me last season. I got to watch them nod off to sleep for a while. I didn't want them to know where I was when I had to leave, so I made noise from the tree, but stayed motionless. They eventually got up and left, but never figured out where I was.

04-07-2017, 12:32 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jtkratzer Quote
Likely a late birth from the year before. They normally hit the ground between April - July, so for you to have a fawn, even with faint spots, let alone any, had to be the year before. The late-born doe fawns usually come into estrous later in the fall and with the late breeding, likely drop their fawns later in the summer. I'm an archery hunter and I enjoy being in the tree with a camera and seeing the young ones run around chasing each other, playing, still completely dependent upon mom and unaware of the dangers of life on the prey side of the food chain. I don't take fawns or does with fawns still clinging to them, so I just enjoy being close and getting pictures/videos for the kids. It's fun to get close enough to see the chest expand and contract with their breathing and they don't know you're there. I had a doe and three fawns bed down within 25 yards of me last season. I got to watch them nod off to sleep for a while. I didn't want them to know where I was when I had to leave, so I made noise from the tree, but stayed motionless. They eventually got up and left, but never figured out where I was.
Thats Cool. I'm an archer too. Trad shooter...recurve. Have not taken any deer yet with anything other than my camera yet. Thanks for the info!

al
04-07-2017, 12:36 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by brewmaster15 Quote
Thats Cool. I'm an archer too. Trad shooter...recurve. Have not taken any deer yet with anything other than my camera yet. Thanks for the info!

al
I'm about 20 minutes away from Lancaster Archery and the TradTech division manager lives in my neighborhood. Getting into a recurve is on my to do list.
04-08-2017, 02:11 AM   #10
Inactive Account

Nice one!