Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Morning dog walk, life along the Madawaska part 823
Lens: DA*200, DFA 28-105, Tamron 300, 1.7x TC Camera: K-3 Photo Location: Whitney, Ontario, Canada ISO: 100 
Posted By: normhead, 04-10-2017, 12:50 PM

It is so full of snow and slush in the bush we went for a walk on the old rail bed. It's a skidoo trail in the winter and an ATV trail in the summer, this time of year it's too foul for anyone. But that's good for us.

Bridge over the Madawaska River

DFA 28-105

Along the Madwaska The last of the ice broke up and left as we walked on the trail. There when we went, gone when we came back.

Canada Geese

The highlight of the day, Buffleheads. We aren't sure we've ever seen them before. The great thing about photography. You don't have to know what they are to take their picture. You can look it up later.

Surprisingly, we have moths.
DA*200 with 1.7x TC

Views: 626
04-10-2017, 04:50 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Some great shots here, Norm!
Beautiful country.
You had me fooled with the "Madawaska" river !! ... It so happens that there is another Madawaska River near here, flowing from Lac Témiscouata (Québec) eastward toward the St John River in New Brunswick.
04-10-2017, 05:23 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Looks like you guys had a nice walk and the moth was a bonus. Very nice series, including the ducks from Tess. How is the hip?
04-10-2017, 05:29 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Some great shots here, Norm!
Beautiful country.
You had me fooled with the "Madawaska" river !! ... It so happens that there is another Madawaska River near here, flowing from Lac Témiscouata (Québec) eastward toward the St John River in New Brunswick.
Does anyone know there know what Madawaska means? There is no definitive answer for ours.

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Looks like you guys had a nice walk and the moth was a bonus. Very nice series, including the ducks from Tess. How is the hip?
Thanks Heinrich, I did 9.85 km on the elliptical trainer the other day in 55 minutes burning 845 calories, I've done 8 km on snow shoes. Things are looking up. It's still definitely rehab, but I bet I'm 85%. But still a lot of soreness after a good workout.