Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
results of 1st wedding shoot
Posted By: rmtagg, 08-11-2008, 05:38 PM

Well as a lot of you know I shot a wedding for the first time on friday as a 3rd shooter. I though I got some pretty good shots but was very nervous about taking them to the photog and getting his feedback. lol, seems he thinks it is hard to believe this was my first wedding. He is going to have me shoot 1 or 2 more times and then place me as a 2nd shooter It was really a good experience and I was so glad he liked my work! Here are a few more pics

Views: 1,950
08-11-2008, 07:02 PM   #2
Veteran Member

you're on the right track!

8)

....just a little notice for you: wedding photography turns into super hard work.
good luck, have fun!
08-11-2008, 07:05 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Looks like you've done well Rosemary! I wouldn't have a clue how to shoot a wedding.
08-11-2008, 07:19 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MJB DIGITAL Quote

8)

....just a little notice for you: wedding photography turns into super hard work.
good luck, have fun!
Yes it was work, lol but I did like the experience so we will see how it goes. I will be getting a chance to do more weddings soon.

QuoteOriginally posted by sajmmiller Quote
Looks like you've done well Rosemary! I wouldn't have a clue how to shoot a wedding.
I studied other peoples works, read what I could and was a 3rd shooter. This was a good way to get my feet wet and test myself too. I am pretty pleased with how things turned out. He got 144 pics he will be using and I was only there during the formal pics shooting which were done before the ceremony.

08-11-2008, 09:48 PM   #5

awesome work and great pics.

"3rd photographer" wow, I never realised that 'togs needed so many layers these days
When I got married it was just one photographer with a helper (carried stuff, aimed the reflectors, etc)
08-11-2008, 10:08 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MJB DIGITAL Quote

8)

good luck, have fun!
I agree with this one Rosemary

I've been working at my last weddings pic's on and off for over a week now
I am of course pre-occupied at the moment, but I usually allow myself 4 days or so for the finish product on anything like weddings.
08-12-2008, 07:57 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rmtagg Quote
Well as a lot of you know I shot a wedding for the first time on friday as a 3rd shooter. I though I got some pretty good shots but was very nervous about taking them to the photog and getting his feedback. lol, seems he thinks it is hard to believe this was my first wedding. He is going to have me shoot 1 or 2 more times and then place me as a 2nd shooter It was really a good experience and I was so glad he liked my work!
Pretty much what we all were saying about your pics. Never woulda thought you were a "rookie"...

08-12-2008, 12:10 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by troywhite Quote
awesome work and great pics.

"3rd photographer" wow, I never realised that 'togs needed so many layers these days
When I got married it was just one photographer with a helper (carried stuff, aimed the reflectors, etc)
I had to be a 3rd shooter, lol With no experience I was unable to get another photog to give me a chance so I was offered 3rd shooter unpaid. I took the opp and now I will be doing more weddings and in another time or too be moved up to 2nd. I need more work with my flash, out side of that things were a lot better than what the photog was expecting, lol

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
I agree with this one Rosemary

I've been working at my last weddings pic's on and off for over a week now
I am of course pre-occupied at the moment, but I usually allow myself 4 days or so for the finish product on anything like weddings.
I think 4 days is reasonable depending on how many pics you take and offer the bride ad groom. Do you offer albums and the whole deal????

QuoteOriginally posted by maxwell1295 Quote
Pretty much what we all were saying about your pics. Never woulda thought you were a "rookie"...
lol, thank you Alan. I surprised myself but did go in with the mind set that I was going to be ok and get good pics. Did not stop me from being nervous though! I can't remb if you said or not, have you shot weddings?????
08-12-2008, 12:14 PM   #9
Forum Member

Oooooooooooooooooo.....beautiful photos!! Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....wedding photography.....sounds interesting....hmmmmmmmmmmmm....
08-12-2008, 12:20 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by poochie99 Quote
Oooooooooooooooooo.....beautiful photos!! Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....wedding photography.....sounds interesting....hmmmmmmmmmmmm....
Thank you, I am just thankful as this was my first time out that they turned out as well as they did. It is a bit scary and as I said I was very nervous but everything turned out well and I am looking forward to shooting more weddings. I looked at it as a challenge, sort of a test and I liked it. I was very keen on finding shots and climbing around on things, lol All in all I am pleased but cant wait till my next chance