Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Street Shots
Posted By: KungPOW, 08-11-2008, 09:01 PM

Some shots from tonight.

I was out taking candid shots of people. Except for the first, all of these were taken from the hip. I have been trying to get closer to capture peoples faces and expresions. I still need to practice framing without looking through the viewfinder.

Please share any comments, critiques, or your two bits!

Eric.

Views: 2,346
08-12-2008, 06:03 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I like the series!! I like the use of B&W (my taste would be to boost the contrast a bit). Did you get any second looks or comments? I really feel like you are a flyt on the wall. Other than the girl with the beer no one looks like they noticed you. Keep it up, I think you did a good job without having your eye to the camera (well the foot shot could have been off a little ) unless you were going for the toes
08-12-2008, 06:12 AM   #3
Veteran Member

My favourite one has to be #4. It's a very interesting scene, and the expression on the lady's face is priceless.
08-12-2008, 07:53 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Love the angle and perpective on these...

08-12-2008, 06:49 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the coments guys.

The foot shot was a miss. I was trying for both feet, but missed. I thought I would try posting what I got. I thought it might have a ying/yang thing going with the car tire seperated by the curb. Today, I'm not so sure it works.

I tend to be a bit of a contrast addict. I've been trying to tone it back. Maybe too far back?

The woman with the beer, I think she was just looking at me. I don't think she knew I took her photo. I had stopped and was looking at the clothes in the cart, as if it was my next subject, and I think she was wondering why I had stopped walking. I didn't notice the eye contact until later at home.

Only one person gave me any trouble. She wasn't actually the subject of the photo, but she was in it. I find when I shoot in the non-tourist areas, people are not always very pleased to be in a photo.

Eric.