Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Leprechaun party
Lens: DFA 100 Macro Camera: K3 Photo Location: Canberra, Australia ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/50s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: RobG, 04-17-2017, 07:24 PM

When pine trees were brought from the northern hemisphere to see how well they might grow in Australia, some fungi were brought with them. Amanits muscaria (Fly Agaric) is the one which features in fairy tales, and is poisonous. It is supposedly hallucinogenic. Another fungus was brought with Oak trees; the Death Cap.

Views: 757
04-17-2017, 07:29 PM   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Excellent image Rob. Well taken mate.
04-17-2017, 07:50 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Excellent image Rob. Well taken mate.
Thank you! The light wasn't great, and without a mini tripod it was a challenge to get a sharp image.
04-17-2017, 08:20 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Nicely done. Correct on both counts. Hallucinogenic and poisonous. Those things taste like a toad peed on them. (So I've been told, of course.)

04-18-2017, 04:27 AM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gifthorse Quote
Nicely done. Correct on both counts. Hallucinogenic and poisonous. Those things taste like a toad peed on them. (So I've been told, of course.)
Glad I wasn't tempted to try eating one!
12-27-2017, 12:54 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
When pine trees were brought from the northern hemisphere to see how well they might grow in Australia, some fungi were brought with them. Amanits muscaria (Fly Agaric) is the one which features in fairy tales, and is poisonous. It is supposedly hallucinogenic. Another fungus was brought with Oak trees; the Death Cap.

Definitely wouldn't eat that, but nice capture- you isolated the subject really well, and surrounded it with a pleasing background.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-27-2017, 07:02 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A cool shot of one weird-looking (to my eyes) fungus - I've never seen anything like it! Nice one, Rob.

Jer

12-27-2017, 07:36 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Never seen the like either...nice image RobG.
01-03-2018, 04:52 AM - 1 Like   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Definitely wouldn't eat that, but nice capture- you isolated the subject really well, and surrounded it with a pleasing background.
Thanks Adam! Lying on the ground to take a photo isn't much fun, but necessary sometimes with macro.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
A cool shot of one weird-looking (to my eyes) fungus - I've never seen anything like it! Nice one, Rob.
Thanks Jer - probably a good thing that you never saw them

QuoteOriginally posted by photomax7 Quote
Never seen the like either...nice image RobG.
Thank you!