Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Hong Kong Streets
Posted By: alamo5000, 04-19-2017, 09:44 AM

Views: 613
04-19-2017, 11:57 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Definitely like the "leading lines" comp here to bring a little order to the proceedings! FWIW, you might check out Ming Thein's site Ming Thein | Photographer for his takes on various (mostly) Asian megacities--I definitely dig what he terms the "cinematic style" which relies a lot on shallow DOF for subject isolation.
04-19-2017, 03:24 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Crisp detailed and very colourful..............................
04-19-2017, 07:14 PM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Well done! I can easily put myself there on the street and sense the sounds, smells, lights, etc.

04-19-2017, 08:16 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CreationBear Quote
Definitely like the "leading lines" comp here to bring a little order to the proceedings! FWIW, you might check out Ming Thein's site Ming Thein | Photographer for his takes on various (mostly) Asian megacities--I definitely dig what he terms the "cinematic style" which relies a lot on shallow DOF for subject isolation.
I definitely want to do that shallow DOF stuff but I only brought one lens on my trip and it's not a fast one

The only lens I have with me is the 16-85. Next time I come back and after I move over to shanghai hopefully I can figure out how to lug around everything.
04-20-2017, 04:22 AM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Crisp detailed and very colourful..............................
Colorful is what Hong Kong is! LOL!!!

QuoteOriginally posted by cobbu2 Quote
Well done! I can easily put myself there on the street and sense the sounds, smells, lights, etc.
Yes that was exactly what I was going for. I aimed to 'share the feeling'.

That said we are so busy! I am running around all day and all night. Sometimes I don't get back to the hotel until 9 or 10pm. I got back relatively early (9pm) so I made myself go out and take photos until about 11pm. It's difficult to change modes from 90mph work to relaxing and being observant and taking my time to take photos.

That said taking photos (even if it was after a 12 hour work day) was still a bit of therapy. It actually made me sort of 'check out' and relax some.
10-17-2017, 06:25 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shot- perfect exposure for a busy scene!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-16-2018, 02:59 PM   #8
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by CreationBear Quote
I think subject isolation would be a mistake in this picture. There is not one subject - the whole scene is the subject!