Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Scenes from Brazos Bend State Park
Lens: DFA 28-105 Camera: K-3 Photo Location: Brazos Bend State Park 
Posted By: Sailor, 05-04-2017, 07:14 AM

Several weeks ago, we spent an afternoon at Brazos Bend State Park, which is a bit south of Houston. The park is renowned for the variety of wildlife that inhabits the place - birds are reportedly particularly plentiful. That may be so, but we visited during spring break, so wildlife was almost entirely represented by human offspring running around gleefully in all directions!

This was the first time I paired my DFA 28-105 with my K-3, aiming for a relatively compact package that I can use when I don't want to lug around the K-1 but want a bit more "firepower" than my svelte Panasonic LX100 provides. Here are some miscellaneous scenes of the park.

Jer

Last edited by Sailor; 05-04-2017 at 05:33 PM.
Views: 737
05-04-2017, 07:16 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Lovely park Jer. Haven't made it to that one although Texas has a lot of beautiful parks.
05-05-2017, 05:21 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Very nice series of shots Jer.
05-05-2017, 06:02 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Lovely park Jer. Haven't made it to that one although Texas has a lot of beautiful parks.
Thanks, Susan. To be honest, while we had a great afternoon (our daughter was visiting from Connecticut), I was a bit disappointed with the place. People have been extolling the virtues of the park since we moved here in '95, but - to me - it's just a larger version of the local parks and refuges.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Janse Quote
Very nice series of shots Jer.
Thank you, Janse.

Jer

05-05-2017, 10:05 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Jer, this is the first park on our travels that we saw an alligator. Terri and I were having lunch picnic by the water and this big guy just crawls out about 10 foot from us. We didn't realize that Texas had them and we kept our distance from the water while we stayed there. Looks like a lot of water flowing through, much better than those drought years we remember. Nice shots buddy, brought back some memories for us.
05-06-2017, 07:21 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Jer, this is the first park on our travels that we saw an alligator. Terri and I were having lunch picnic by the water and this big guy just crawls out about 10 foot from us. We didn't realize that Texas had them and we kept our distance from the water while we stayed there. Looks like a lot of water flowing through, much better than those drought years we remember. Nice shots buddy, brought back some memories for us.
Hey - how about that? I'm glad these pics brought back some memories.

We saw a couple of gators during our visit (I posted some pics of one of 'em a while back). Like you, I tend to give these creatures a wide berth - they strike me as thorny plants that can actually move!!!

Jer