Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
As Tacky as Las Vegas
Posted By: DeadJohn, 05-18-2017, 07:32 PM

Nature is beautiful. Sure, maybe you want to use some light so visitors can see it at night, but why this!? The lights pulsate which just adds to the horror.

(Niagara Falls, for those who don't recognize it)

Views: 962
05-19-2017, 12:31 AM   #2
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have to agree. It's a bit tacky (the lights, that is - your shot is just fine )
05-19-2017, 01:21 AM   #3
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Wow. One of the most beautiful natural wonders of the world reduced to this.
05-19-2017, 09:09 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I just looked up the history of lighting the Falls. It reportedly started in 1860 for a visit by the Prince of Wales. The lighting has changed many times since. Another $4M was spent to "upgrade" the lights last year.

05-19-2017, 10:23 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
The lighting has changed many times since
I remember seeing the falls some thirty odd years ago when it was slowly changing coloured searchlights... which I thought at the time was really cool.

But what really impressed me the most... was just how close you could get to the actually lip of the falls from the Canadian side.
11-13-2017, 12:54 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nature is beautiful. Sure, maybe you want to use some light so visitors can see it at night, but why this!? The lights pulsate which just adds to the horror.

Love the colors in this. Well done!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-22-2018, 04:59 PM   #7
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums

nice shot! really like the colour!