Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Grant me chastity and continence (but not yet)
Lens: 67 200/4 Camera: P 67 Photo Location: Hastie Natural Area, Knoxville Tennessee ISO: 100 
Posted By: CreationBear, 05-19-2017, 02:49 PM

A few more variables to juggle on my last outing: the 67 200/4, Ilford Delta 100, and a Ries (wooden) tripod...add a twitchy shutter to the mix and I admit I was talking (more than is usual) to myself. Still, lots of beta rolling in: the 200/4 seems Yuge! but sharp, the film stock definitely usable, and the tripod especially accounted itself well--solid, well-made, and if I think of it as a light rifle instead of a heavy 'pod, not too onerous to carry over hill and dale.

Views: 219
05-19-2017, 02:59 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Nice series of beautiful images. I was just thinking that my CZJ 180 f2.8 almost always produces keepers, by far more than any other lens I have... Your images reminded me of that
05-19-2017, 03:09 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by IgorZ Quote
CZJ 180 f2.8

Thanks for the kind words--and that's quite a lens you're shooting! I must say that the form factor of the 200/4 is a bit of a pain if you're working out of a backpack, but the late version at least gets good reviews for its optics...definitely think it's a keeper (not to mention a bargain on the current market.)
05-20-2017, 03:07 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots Jon. I really like the second and third ones. Reminds me that I need to try black and white in the woods and marsh. You suggested that for one of my Maine shots as I recall. Great light, and I see what you mean about the yellow trillium. Lovely.

05-20-2017, 06:51 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
yellow trillium

Thanks, David--I'm afraid the show is about over here in the Valley...a few Indian Pink's left, with a scattering of nettle and lyre leaf sage about. Otherwise, B&W is definitely a different kind of cat--tonalities vs. hues in a forest environment especially is still confusing me!