Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
"I'll say a little prayer for you..."
Lens: Sigma 105/2.8 EX Macro Camera: K-30 Photo Location: Placerville, CA ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F18 
Posted By: jondahutt, 06-23-2017, 09:22 AM

Drenched in sweat after getting these shots. It was 100 degrees outside and I saw this dude by chance, so I ran back inside to grab my camera & had to lay down on hot concrete in order to get a better perspective of this guy. He was actually pretty patient w/ me. I like the way the shadows turned out but wish I had included a little more of it in the 2nd shot. For two of these shots, I believe, I used a Pentax extension tube in combination w/ the Sigma macro just to get even closer. That depth of field gets extremely shallow at some point & even hard to work with.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 

Views: 459
06-23-2017, 09:42 AM   #2
Journeyman Cat Wrangler
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The third shot looks like an alien! Nice shots John.
06-23-2017, 10:46 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
The third shot looks like an alien! Nice shots John.
Haha, you're right -- it does look like some kind of alien, or at least what we might imagination they could look like in movies.