Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The fresh breath of art
Camera: K7 Photo Location: Gibellina, Sicily 
Posted By: Workingdog, 06-24-2017, 11:50 AM

The place is Gibellina, Sicily; a town that was destroyed by earthquake in 1968. The people abandoned it and built a new town several kilometers away. Photo shows several different forms of art. The first in the foreground is Il Cretto di Burri. Artist Alberto Burri created a huge piece of landscape art by burying the abandoned town in concrete about 5 feet thick while preserving the streetscape of the town. The second is the street art in the background. There was no graffiti that I saw defacing Il Cretto but some nearby buildings that were partially standing were used as canvasses by street artists. The loose translation of the text on the man's hat is: "What would man be without the fresh breath of art." The third is the scene that I chose to show from my perspective. A man peering almost voyeur-like into Burri's Il Cretto. I really like this photo and I hope you do too.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 

Views: 769
06-24-2017, 02:29 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I only see 1 image :-(