Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
photo gear.....
Posted By: gpaual, 08-17-2008, 05:03 AM

i know somewhere in the past there was a thread about sharing ' whats in your kit ', but can't find it again so thought i would share these here. was shooting my equip' the other day for records as i've added several items since last recording. missing are the k10d ( which i was using for the shots ) the tammy 18-250 ldII, and the slik tripod. i had to change locations to get more even lighting as the first pics were strongly backlit.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX *ist DS  Photo 

Views: 2,433
08-17-2008, 05:09 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Wow. Just looking at that much gear overwhelms me.

c[_]
08-17-2008, 05:14 AM   #3
Veteran Member

What a feast of lenses here.

You definitely have a passion for pentax!
08-17-2008, 06:23 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Show off~

08-17-2008, 01:07 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
What a feast of lenses here.

You definitely have a passion for pentax!
yes roentarre, i have become quite obsessed, funny tho, i seldom use some of 'em but its good to know they are there if i need them. for instance, i haven't used the ist ds since buying the k10, so here's a pic i took yesterday after finishing up with the collection shoot. took 15 shots to get it, ....guess i've been so engrossed in the k10 that i forgot some of the ist settings. too tho, the guy just kept inching over, i'd inch, he'd inch and so on.......
Attached Images

08-17-2008, 02:24 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
How far do you live from me? lol
08-17-2008, 02:28 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gpaual Quote
yes roentarre, i have become quite obsessed, funny tho, i seldom use some of 'em but its good to know they are there if i need them. for instance, i haven't used the ist ds since buying the k10, so here's a pic i took yesterday after finishing up with the collection shoot. took 15 shots to get it, ....guess i've been so engrossed in the k10 that i forgot some of the ist settings. too tho, the guy just kept inching over, i'd inch, he'd inch and so on.......
The very idea that you have all the gear just in case is very endearing to me.

It is like kitchen utensils. Normally I would just end up using one. But having the whole collection does ease the anxiety stemming from "what if?" questions.

Though I am slowly letting go the lenses one by one. Seriously this shot is something quite an achievement!

08-18-2008, 05:07 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
The very idea that you have all the gear just in case is very endearing to me.

It is like kitchen utensils. Normally I would just end up using one. But having the whole collection does ease the anxiety stemming from "what if?" questions.

Though I am slowly letting go the lenses one by one. Seriously this shot is something quite an achievement!
know exactly what you mean.....i often consider downsizing to 4 lenses to cover ranges partial to landscape, yet, i just can't seem to let em' go; same with the bodies......am about to buy the 20d and i know i won't part with with either of the others to soften the cost......gonna have to buy a van soon to use as a kit bag.
Thanks for the comments on the image and have a good day....
08-18-2008, 05:09 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fl_Gulfer Quote
How far do you live from me? lol
Not really sure Gulfer......am in Tampa Bay area tho' a little east of the coast......
08-18-2008, 05:39 AM   #10
Inactive Account

Wow... I really must print those equipment shots and tack them up on my bulletin board... Just to worry the wife.
08-18-2008, 05:10 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by scott-devon Quote
Wow... I really must print those equipment shots and tack them up on my bulletin board... Just to worry the wife.
HEH..... feel free !