Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  
Enthusiasm
Posted By: Sailor, 06-29-2017, 09:28 AM

A couple of car guys discuss the characteristics of this red, 6-cylinder MGC on glorious, sunny day at Connecticut's famous Lime Rock Park.

Jer

Views: 1,567
07-03-2017, 07:18 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
It reminded me so much of what was wrong with British cars. They usually look like this, side of the road, hood up
They definitely have that reputation. I learned to drive in a Morris Minor, which my Dad bought new in '58; overall, during the 5 years we owned it, the car was pretty reliable, although not without issues. Of course, Detroit was putting out some pretty sketchy stuff in those years, as well. I remember my Dad cussing his new '57 Mercury nearly every day for the 11 months he owned it, after which he gave up and traded it off.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
A great shot that tells a story perfectly, Buddy.
Maybe after retirement, when I have some time to work on the engine this would be a great replacement for the Solstice
Thanks, my friend.

I think you'd look great in this red one!

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
No, The Motorcraft VV carbs didnt' come out until '77. I don't know which brand of carb went into the Mach I ponies, I don't think Ford was using their own for muscle cars at that time, possibly it was a Carter.
Thanks for the info. I seem to remember my '64 Mustang - which had the D-code 289 - having an Autolite carb. Is that possible??

Jer

07-03-2017, 09:34 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
I seem to remember my '64 Mustang - which had the D-code 289 - having an Autolite carb. Is that possible??
I'm not an expert on the pre-Foxbody (prior to '79) Mustangs, but I was curious to know the answer. Apparently your 64 Mustang most certainly would have had an Autolite carb.
07-04-2017, 09:03 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
I'm not an expert on the pre-Foxbody (prior to '79) Mustangs, but I was curious to know the answer. Apparently your 64 Mustang most certainly would have had an Autolite carb.
Many thanks - at least it shows my 70-year-old brain still has some firing neurons.

Jer