Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
An MG TF . . . . . .
Camera: Panasonic LX100 Photo Location: Lime Rock Park 
Posted By: Sailor, 07-04-2017, 08:49 AM

. . . . . . . I think.

I've seen a lot of MG TDs over the years, but the car pictured here is the first (what I believe is an) MG TF that I've seen in the flesh.

Jer

Views: 733
07-04-2017, 09:07 AM   #2
Veteran Member

First thing I see is the Landrover, then the MG.
A friend has a couple MGB cars, two generations newer, but still quite old.

Nicefind, I saw one of these in France.
It was parked, and as I was looking around it, the owner turned up.
I learned a lot about the car, I don't think I took any photos...?
07-04-2017, 10:00 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Nice angle ...picture one...3/4 view of first pix. Shows the flowing lines of the front fender.... very well. You did a great job arranging to have a British backdrop (Land Rover) for the first photograph.

The interior shot has nice shadowing over the instrument panel and the glove box...actually and appropriately has some driving gloves stuffed in that little cubby hole.

Coincidentally Jer, I just saw an old MG this weekend. It was a TC and was leaving a car show as I was coming in.

Lovely car...RHD, two older gentlemen ( I'm approaching 70 so it's unusual...but satisfying.... when I can call other guys 'older' ) were in it. I caught a glimpse and a picture of it making a slow speed turn out of the parking lot exit. I could see through the front wire wheel as the car turned . The very narrow and high wheel/tire setup was refreshing to see after a steady diet of seeing the usual low, wide 'steamroller' wheel/tire setups that are common today.

It's nice to see an old vintage English vehicle...either car or motorcycle.

Les

Last edited by lesmore49; 07-04-2017 at 10:08 AM.
07-04-2017, 05:43 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The TF was quite popular here in Australia in the 1950s. The earlier TFs had a 1250 cc engine, and the later ones which are much rarer, had a 1500 cc engine.

07-05-2017, 06:30 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
First thing I see is the Landrover, then the MG.
A friend has a couple MGB cars, two generations newer, but still quite old.

Nicefind, I saw one of these in France.
It was parked, and as I was looking around it, the owner turned up.
I learned a lot about the car, I don't think I took any photos...?
MG has a long and storied history, for sure.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Nice angle ...picture one...3/4 view of first pix. Shows the flowing lines of the front fender.... very well. You did a great job arranging to have a British backdrop (Land Rover) for the first photograph.

The interior shot has nice shadowing over the instrument panel and the glove box...actually and appropriately has some driving gloves stuffed in that little cubby hole.

Coincidentally Jer, I just saw an old MG this weekend. It was a TC and was leaving a car show as I was coming in.

Lovely car...RHD, two older gentlemen ( I'm approaching 70 so it's unusual...but satisfying.... when I can call other guys 'older' ) were in it. I caught a glimpse and a picture of it making a slow speed turn out of the parking lot exit. I could see through the front wire wheel as the car turned . The very narrow and high wheel/tire setup was refreshing to see after a steady diet of seeing the usual low, wide 'steamroller' wheel/tire setups that are common today.

It's nice to see an old vintage English vehicle...either car or motorcycle.

Les
I'm glad you like the pics, Les. I figured you would enjoy them when I posted 'em.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Terry C Quote
The TF was quite popular here in Australia in the 1950s. The earlier TFs had a 1250 cc engine, and the later ones which are much rarer, had a 1500 cc engine.
They're were a lot of TDs in the states, but I don't think many Bfs were imported into the US. I was happy to come across one!

Jer