Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Jellyfish - Shared Using Flickr
Lens: DFA 28-105 Camera: K-1 Photo Location: Galveston, TX 
Posted By: Sailor, 07-07-2017, 12:38 PM

Since PB dumped me unceremoniously, I moved to Fickr. Here's my first "sharing" test.

Jer

Views: 743
07-07-2017, 02:52 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've spent the day putting together an account over there. I'm doing everything at 2560-1600, the size I use for my desktop images. That means if you click on an image you get it big. The slide shows are a treat as well.

Norm Head?s albums | Flickr

I can link directly to an album, but not directly to a running slideshow. Am I missing something?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/149541448@N08/albums/72157683154246354
07-07-2017, 03:04 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I've spent the day putting together an account over there. I'm doing everything at 2560-1600, the size I use for my desktop images. That means if you click on an image you get it big. The slide shows are a treat as well.

Norm Head?s albums | Flickr

I can link directly to an album, but not directly to a running slideshow. Am I missing something?

Flowers and foilage | Flickr
You're way ahead of me. All I've done so far is initiate my new account, uploaded a few shots, fiddled with sizes and learned how to share photos here on the forum (took a bit of fiddling as you mentioned). I haven't even started to put together albums or slide shows.

Jer
07-07-2017, 03:21 PM   #4
Pentaxian

I think I might be a little compulsive, once I realized I was starting over, the first thing that happened was I realized I had a chance to have my images better organized than they are on PB, which was getting to be a nightmare in any case.

Once you have your images in an album, you just click on the symbol in the top right corner to play the album as a slide show. If you make your images big enough, you can run them full screen. But I suspect the user has to do that, unlike PB where i could link directly to the slideshow.

07-07-2017, 03:27 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That Jellyfish looks like it could give a nasty sting.
07-07-2017, 04:21 PM   #6
Veteran Member

OK Jer, we have Norm's flickr link now you need to post yours.
07-07-2017, 07:13 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I think I might be a little compulsive, once I realized I was starting over, the first thing that happened was I realized I had a chance to have my images better organized than they are on PB, which was getting to be a nightmare in any case.

Once you have your images in an album, you just click on the symbol in the top right corner to play the album as a slide show. If you make your images big enough, you can run them full screen. But I suspect the user has to do that, unlike PB where i could link directly to the slideshow.
You know, I never really organized my stuff on PB; I just used the site to "transfer" shots from my Mac to the forum - normally only shortly after I had taken them. You're making me think that now that moved to another "place" I should take some time and develop a patterned plan to have stuff where I can find it!

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
That Jellyfish looks like it could give a nasty sting.
I'm sure it could, EM. I've been stung by jellyfish on Carolina and Gulf beaches - ain't no fun. Booze helps.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
OK Jer, we have Norm's flickr link now you need to post yours.
There are people who would pay to know Norm's link; I've already been approached by folks who are willing to pay for me not to post mine.

Jer

07-08-2017, 06:06 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
You know, I never really organized my stuff on PB; I just used the site to "transfer" shots from my Mac to the forum - normally only shortly after I had taken them. You're making me think that now that moved to another "place" I should take some time and develop a patterned plan to have stuff where I can find it!

Jer
In forum discussions, I so often want a particular image, and I often have so much trouble finding it, I'm going to simplify things as much as possible. Clear titles for albums and collections, and no overlap, that's the goal.
07-08-2017, 01:20 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Please use the Pentax forum native download all these freakin links are nothing but trouble.