Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

First with S 10-20, how am I doing?
Posted By: Damn Brit, 08-18-2008, 02:04 AM

Bought a Sigma 10-20 last week but haven't had a chance to use it. I took it to work today and managed to get a few shots. Most of them aren't the sort of shots you usually see the 10-20 used for.
These are all taken at the nursery where I work.
Hope you enjoy them.
Gary

Last edited by Damn Brit; 03-29-2010 at 07:16 PM.
Views: 2,317
08-19-2008, 05:28 AM   #16
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice work Gary but I have to say I'm jealous that you got a new lens and I didn't. I like getting close up with a wide angle too but I don't have one as wide as that.

08-19-2008, 11:09 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Thanks Alan, I find it liberating that I have little technical knowledge so don't know what the f*^# I'm doing. This frees me to take pictures of whatever I want with whatever I want. I walk a thin line between utter foolishness and sheer brilliance.
Hilarious...
08-19-2008, 03:12 PM   #18
Veteran Member

I enjoyed this series, especially the second, wheer you have the cropped close-up.

In my view my 10-20 is one of the most creative (and sharpest as zoom) lens I have. Looks like you have enjoyed this lens too a lot!
08-19-2008, 06:48 PM   #19
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
#3, and 4 look exceptional Gary, so I think that you have an excellent copy

Plus you've mastered it already.
Thanks Stu.
I will never master it, don't want to, the unknown is too much fun.

QuoteOriginally posted by Dale Quote
Interesting use of wide angles there. As for lack of skill, I'd buy a 10-20 tomorrow judging by the quality of your shots.

D.
QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
Nice work Gary but I have to say I'm jealous that you got a new lens and I didn't. I like getting close up with a wide angle too but I don't have one as wide as that.
Hasn't it arrived yet? Damn it, I was a little bit worried because the labels on my package were hanging off. I'll get right on to them.

QuoteOriginally posted by maxwell1295 Quote
Hilarious...

QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
I enjoyed this series, especially the second, wheer you have the cropped close-up.

In my view my 10-20 is one of the most creative (and sharpest as zoom) lens I have. Looks like you have enjoyed this lens too a lot!
Thanks Georg

Last edited by Damn Brit; 08-19-2008 at 07:02 PM.
08-22-2008, 01:39 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Thanks Jimbo, you should check article that Dave mentioned above.

Gary
Great article. That has been may problem with the Pentax 12-24. [getting close enough to the forground part of the shot. I also find this lens is a little touchy on the AF... if you are shooting in certain light conditions.. Still have a lot to learn with this lens. Next week I am off and I will be spending a few days shooting with this lens and my new Pentax 50 1.7.. I may look at the Pentax 35 prime after I get my Sigma 70-200. [hopefully next month] Cheers bud and thanks for sharing these shots. JIMBO
08-22-2008, 02:58 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Excellent series. I have to say I like the results you got from the 10-20mm. My Vivitar 17-28mm is just not wide enough. I really need to get something wider.