Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Iona Abbey at dusk
Camera: Pentax K-5 Photo Location: Iona, Scotland ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/80s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Rense, 07-15-2017, 04:52 AM

Our summer holidays were spent in Scotland, mainly at the west-coast. We visited the holy island of Iona, a pelgrimage place for many. Since we were invited to stay in the Bishops House, we could spend the evening and night, giving me an opportunity to shoot the Abbey, founded in the 6th century by St. Columba, at dusk....

Iona Dusk
by Rense Haveman, on Flickr
Views: 999
07-17-2017, 03:52 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Beautiful shot. I really like how the dark areas still maintain a lot of detail. Well done.
07-17-2017, 04:24 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Good silhouettes and great colour rendered in this shot.
07-17-2017, 08:29 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Our summer holidays were spent in Scotland, mainly at the west-coast. We visited the holy island of Iona, a pelgrimage place for many. Since we were invited to stay in the Bishops House, we could spend the evening and night, giving me an opportunity to shoot the Abbey, founded in the 6th century by St. Columba, at dusk....

Iona Dusk
very nice

12-10-2017, 12:36 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Iona Dusk
Very pretty sky!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-10-2017, 01:46 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you!
12-10-2017, 11:38 AM   #7
Veteran Member

A magnificent shot. Ditto to all the other comments. Thanks for sharing this with us.

07-22-2018, 12:56 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Iona Dusk
Such a sunset!