Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Few Wildlife and MAcros n landscapes
Posted By: hrishi, 08-18-2008, 11:18 AM

I had visited two wildlife sanctuaries in drought prone areas of Maharashtra, India..Didn't get much time for photography as it wasn't the purpoes of the visit, but managed to get few keepers.. Kit carried was K10D, Kit lens, Super Macro Takumar 40/4, K300/4..

All macros- f16, 1/180, ISO 100, Built in flash, handheld..

A group of Blackbucks, f4, 1/750, ISO 400, handheld..

A landscape panorama EDR with the kit lens..at 18mm, its not the best lens in the world..

C and C are welcomed

Hrishi

Last edited by hrishi; 08-18-2008 at 08:30 PM.
Views: 5,292
08-19-2008, 02:11 PM   #16
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No not all but in the first series 1, 7 and 8 show it in the grass. The second series the moth looks green (aren't these white?) the beetle has green highlights and he's black? The last 2 landscape shots have this colour shift as well.

It might be a combination of the high ISO and the sharpening. You can usually get better high ISO images when you slightly overexpose the shots. There's less noise in the dark sections of the shot.

I'm glad you took the plunge and if this is a sample of what we will expect, then we're in for a visual treat! Keep them coming.

08-20-2008, 08:27 AM   #17

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
the 1st, 7th and 8th shot were taken with the k300/4 which does show lot of Purple fringes..it showed PFs on almost every grass blade and that + the high ISO made it look little shifted..The beetle was indeed green in colour, but it appeared black even to those who saw it, not just in the camera..I fail to see it in the moth..(actually which one of them were u refering to- the one above beatle is a butterfly and the the one below it is a bee I think)... the macros were taken at ISO100, and the beetle and few others were so sharp straight from RAW that I didnt sharpen them even after resizing them...I think its the issue with the CAs more than pp, but will post more shots in future with very less pp so we'll find out where the prob lay..

thank for the tip on slight overexposure in high ISOs, I wasn't aware of it..
08-20-2008, 08:32 AM   #18

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
I really like the photo of the 'paddle plant'. I have one of those here at home, where I have experimented with similar shots.
Thanks Seamuis, I didnt know it was called a paddle plant
08-20-2008, 11:27 AM   #19

great series thanks for sharing. i really like those macros. to me, some of the deer shots seem over saturated. overall i like them, hope to see more of your work.