Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
6 Likes  #1
Norfolk sunsets
Lens: Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 Camera: Pentax K3 Photo Location: Overstrand, Norfolk ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: Above 6s Aperture: F16 
Posted By: Top banana, 07-23-2017, 10:16 AM

Managed to get some great sunsets whilst away for a few days in Norfolk.

Views: 939
07-23-2017, 11:08 AM - 1 Like   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by Top banana Quote
Managed to get some great sunsets whilst away for a few days in Norfolk.

I must come over to the Norfolk coast. The light is clearly as stunning as people tell me it is.
07-23-2017, 01:20 PM - 1 Like   #3
Inactive Account

Well done!
07-23-2017, 01:49 PM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Gorgeous orange/blue colour juxtapositions! I always enjoy seeing ' photographer in their landscape' images and your silhouette is an excellent example. Nice sweeping compositions complete a set that makes a big impression.

07-25-2017, 06:04 AM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wonderful colors.
07-25-2017, 06:48 AM - 1 Like   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A beautiful spot captured beautifully.
08-01-2017, 04:10 AM - 1 Like   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Love the colors in the first shot!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-01-2017, 09:33 AM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

Beautiful shots...especially # 1. I don't knw much about Norfolk, but is this the area known as 'The Wash' ?
08-02-2017, 12:36 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Beautiful shots...especially # 1. I don't knw much about Norfolk, but is this the area known as 'The Wash' ?
Absolutely spot on...These shots are taken looking 'up' the Wash. some great beaches and cliffs along this part of coastline for photography. The only downside is that as the Wash faces out into the North Sea it can get really cold in the winter..
08-02-2017, 07:24 AM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Top banana Quote
Absolutely spot on...These shots are taken looking 'up' the Wash. some great beaches and cliffs along this part of coastline for photography. The only downside is that as the Wash faces out into the North Sea it can get really cold in the winter..
Thanks for the info. and for providing the wonderful photography of that area. I just recently found (Ancestry.Ca) that some of my early ancestors lived in the King's Lynn, Norfolk area...way back. Think 'The Wash' is right in that area and seems to figure prominently in the history of Norfolk.They immigrated to the American colonies in the early 1600's. Some were Planters (farmers as we call them) and some were Mariners and had a number of commercial ships then and transported goods between the Low Countries, Germany, etc...and back.
08-02-2017, 08:02 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Thanks for the info. and for providing the wonderful photography of that area. I just recently found (Ancestry.Ca) that some of my early ancestors lived in the King's Lynn, Norfolk area...way back. Think 'The Wash' is right in that area and seems to figure prominently in the history of Norfolk.They immigrated to the American colonies in the early 1600's. Some were Planters (farmers as we call them) and some were Mariners and had a number of commercial ships then and transported goods between the Low Countries, Germany, etc...and back.
Wow, it's great when you start to find out more about your ancestors, and it can take you on some surprising journeys..

Kings Lynn is almost at the end of the Wash, and is sited where the River Ouse empties into the Wash. For some more info on the Town take a look at :

King's Lynn - Wikipedia

Regards - Tb