Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
9 Likes  
The Last Post
Posted By: Peter Nutkins, 07-23-2017, 11:16 PM

Fairy Mist by Peter Nutkins

A 'Fairy Pool' beneath the Black Cuillin Mountains, Isle of Skye. The green and blue waters of the River Brittle are almost other worldly.

This will be my last post here on Pentax Forums.

I have really tried to make the portrait side of my business work with the Pentax K-1, but I have finally given in and converted to Nikon. This is only really due to AF. It came home to me on a shoot where I missed yet another absolute hero shot - while my K-1 hunted about. It was the shot (or not shot) of the whole day....

I have really enjoyed Pentax and have really enjoyed the support and friendship at Pentax Forums.

It is a sad day for me and I am quite emotional about it all......

Thank you for all of your encouragement and help over the last few years.

Kindest regards

Peter
Views: 2,103
07-27-2017, 09:00 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by The Madshutter Quote
Hello Peter,

as you, I left the Pentax family (about a year and a half ago, in my case). The 645z was a wonderful camera, but lack of lenses (among other things) made me say goodbye to the system and I now use Leica only for all my work. However, as others pointed out, you can keep posting here (as I do) even if you took your images with other cameras. Great job at the Fairy Pools, one of my favourite places on Skye! Looking forward to seeing more of your work in the future. Best regards,

Vieri
Thank you Vieri

I am certainly going to hang around and keep in touch.....all the best, Peter

09-11-2017, 10:18 PM   #17
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Nutkins Quote
[/url]Fairy Mist by Peter Nutkins[/IMG]

A 'Fairy Pool' beneath the Black Cuillin Mountains, Isle of Skye. The green and blue waters of the River Brittle are almost other worldly.

I have really tried to make the portrait side of my business work with the Pentax K-1, but I have finally given in and converted to Nikon. This is only really due to AF. It came home to me on a shoot where I missed yet another absolute hero shot - while my K-1 hunted about. It was the shot (or not shot) of the whole day....

I have really enjoyed Pentax and have really enjoyed the support and friendship at Pentax Forums.

Kindest regards

Peter

P.S If anyone wants an Irix 15mm pls get in contact contact@peternutkins.com
Really like the colors here. Very nice shot!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-16-2017, 01:03 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Really like the colors here. Very nice shot!
Thanks Adam!
09-16-2017, 08:42 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
very nice

09-17-2017, 11:29 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Outlander Quote
very nice
Thank you!
08-02-2018, 05:08 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Kindest regards

Peter
Stunning!
08-18-2018, 09:57 PM   #22
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Kindest regards

Peter
really amazing shot here! this is an image!

08-19-2018, 01:33 PM   #23
Pentaxian

absolutely great goodbye shot!
but maybe you want to shoot with both pentax and nikon? anyways you can still post here, it is not a necessary final exit
08-19-2018, 11:53 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ignath Quote
absolutely great goodbye shot!
but maybe you want to shoot with both pentax and nikon? anyways you can still post here, it is not a necessary final exit
Yeah...already found myself looking at the 645z used prices......
10-03-2019, 08:31 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kindest regards

Peter
surreal
10-10-2019, 01:39 PM   #26
Pentaxian

Thank you for this photo !
I plan to go there one day, I would like to take such a beautiful photo !
« Here I am | Swirly »