Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
9 Likes  #1
The Last Post
Lens: Pentax 15-30 Camera: Pentax K-1 Photo Location: Isle of Skye ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: Above 6s Aperture: F16 
Posted By: Peter Nutkins, 07-23-2017, 11:16 PM

Fairy Mist by Peter Nutkins

A 'Fairy Pool' beneath the Black Cuillin Mountains, Isle of Skye. The green and blue waters of the River Brittle are almost other worldly.

This will be my last post here on Pentax Forums.

I have really tried to make the portrait side of my business work with the Pentax K-1, but I have finally given in and converted to Nikon. This is only really due to AF. It came home to me on a shoot where I missed yet another absolute hero shot - while my K-1 hunted about. It was the shot (or not shot) of the whole day....

I have really enjoyed Pentax and have really enjoyed the support and friendship at Pentax Forums.

It is a sad day for me and I am quite emotional about it all......

Thank you for all of your encouragement and help over the last few years.

Kindest regards

Peter
Views: 2,350
07-24-2017, 12:03 AM   #2
Veteran Member

What a wonderful shot...sorry to hear that you are leaving the Pentax 'family' but I can understand the frustration.
07-24-2017, 01:45 AM   #3
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great shot. Sad story but you have to use what you need for your business. Still there is no rule that says you must use a Pentax to hang around here!
07-24-2017, 02:34 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Still there is no rule that says you must use a Pentax to hang around here!
true, for example, the Daily In and Bad Weather threads in my signature are open to all cameras.

Great shot!

07-24-2017, 06:19 AM   #5
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry to see you go, but good that you've found tools that work for you. And, as has been said, no reason not to hang around even if you shoot other brands.

07-24-2017, 06:35 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That is a magical image you have left us with Peter. You will be missed but, as has been said, don't let the new camera keep you away.
07-24-2017, 08:18 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Sorry to see you go Peter as I've always loved your shots, especially the ones around the Peak District as they brought back a lot of happy memories for me.

Good luck with your new system.

07-24-2017, 11:12 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Top banana Quote
What a wonderful shot...sorry to hear that you are leaving the Pentax 'family' but I can understand the frustration.
Thank you Top Banana...I am sorry to leave really.

---------- Post added 24th Jul 2017 at 11:13 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Great shot. Sad story but you have to use what you need for your business. Still there is no rule that says you must use a Pentax to hang around here!
Thank you...there is nothing like Pentax Forums for Nikon....

---------- Post added 24th Jul 2017 at 11:14 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
true, for example, the Daily In and Bad Weather threads in my signature are open to all cameras.

Great shot!
Thank you!

---------- Post added 24th Jul 2017 at 11:15 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Sorry to see you go, but good that you've found tools that work for you. And, as has been said, no reason not to hang around even if you shoot other brands.
Thanks I am very moved by all of the very kind comments

---------- Post added 24th Jul 2017 at 11:15 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
That is a magical image you have left us with Peter. You will be missed but, as has been said, don't let the new camera keep you away.
Thank you Susan - I appreciate it

---------- Post added 24th Jul 2017 at 11:17 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Tako Kichi Quote
Sorry to see you go Peter as I've always loved your shots, especially the ones around the Peak District as they brought back a lot of happy memories for me.

Good luck with your new system.
Thank you...and I have always really appreciated you kind and useful comments - they have inspired me to keep on improving All the best, and if you do come back to the Peak, get in touch
07-24-2017, 11:22 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great shot, Peter. Sorry to see you go. Maybe the next gen K1 MK II will be what you need to get back in the fold. In the meantime, good luck and I know you will continue to get great shots regardless of the brand name on your gear.
07-24-2017, 01:05 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Nutkins Quote
...there is nothing like Pentax Forums for Nikon....

Pentax Forums does have a sister site, Nikon Forums which is also run by Adam ..... Nikon Forums - Community Home

Thank you...and I have always really appreciated you kind and useful comments - they have inspired me to keep on improving All the best, and if you do come back to the Peak, get in touch
If I do ever get back home I will certainly look you up but as I haven't made it back yet after 25 years of living here don't hold your breath!
07-24-2017, 11:40 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Great shot, Peter. Sorry to see you go. Maybe the next gen K1 MK II will be what you need to get back in the fold. In the meantime, good luck and I know you will continue to get great shots regardless of the brand name on your gear.
Thank you so much....you are very kind.

Bring on the mk ii !!!
07-25-2017, 08:49 AM   #12
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
It is a sad day for me and I am quite emotional about it all......
There's is absolutely no reason for you to leave, that is... unless you want too, many folk here run multiple systems myself included.

I've enjoyed our conversations in the past and look forward to remaining in touch with you.
07-25-2017, 08:56 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Indeed, hope to see more of your photos and read more of your stories, Peter. Good luck with Nikon!
07-25-2017, 11:09 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
There's is absolutely no reason for you to leave, that is... unless you want too, many folk here run multiple systems myself included.

I've enjoyed our conversations in the past and look forward to remaining in touch with you.
I am going to keep in touch...enjoyed the discussions too (and I think you voted 30,000 of the 32,000 votes for the Smithsonian).

---------- Post added 25th Jul 2017 at 11:10 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by IgorZ Quote
Indeed, hope to see more of your photos and read more of your stories, Peter. Good luck with Nikon!
Thanks....I will keep in touch...

---------- Post added 25th Jul 2017 at 11:11 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Tako Kichi Quote

Pentax Forums does have a sister site, Nikon Forums which is also run by Adam ..... Nikon Forums - Community Home

If I do ever get back home I will certainly look you up but as I haven't made it back yet after 25 years of living here don't hold your breath!
Thanks...I have signed up for Nikon Forum - still cannot get used to "Nikon" instead of Pentax though!
07-26-2017, 03:01 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hello Peter,

as you, I left the Pentax family (about a year and a half ago, in my case). The 645z was a wonderful camera, but lack of lenses (among other things) made me say goodbye to the system and I now use Leica only for all my work. However, as others pointed out, you can keep posting here (as I do) even if you took your images with other cameras. Great job at the Fairy Pools, one of my favourite places on Skye! Looking forward to seeing more of your work in the future. Best regards,

Vieri
« Here I am | Swirly »