Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
First roll...
Posted By: Sasquatch, 08-18-2008, 09:36 PM

That's right folks, title says it. To clarify, this is not my first EVER roll of 35mm film. I shot some film with a 35mm P&S when I was younger, have shot with my parents' 35mm, etc. However, this is the first roll I have put through my K1000, first roll I have shot manually, first time I have really thought about what I was doing...

These are nothing special, but I was pleasantly surprised just that all of them turned out! There are a few that I am pleased with. I think that my subject material is very different than a lot that I have seen on this forum.

All of these images were shot with my K1000 SE on Fujifilm Superia X-tra ISO 400 with either my SMC Pentax-A 1.7 50mm or my Hanimex automatic 2.8 135mm. I had the negs developed via a 1hr drugstore lab and had them make the CD for me. The shots came directly from the CD. The only adjustments I made was resizing of all prints to a height of 600px, except for the shot of the Vette, in which I made the height 1000px. These adjustments were done in IrfanView without messing with the original aspect ratios.

I would very much appreciate feedback. You won't hurt my feelings. I want to learn.

Last edited by Sasquatch; 08-19-2008 at 05:37 AM.
Views: 1,594
08-19-2008, 04:35 AM   #2
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think you're off to a very good start if this is your first roll ever. I really like the shots of the guy with the axe. You made good use of the depth of field there.

BTW, you aren't the same sasquatch that frequented the OE tkd forum are you?
08-19-2008, 05:42 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
I think you're off to a very good start if this is your first roll ever. I really like the shots of the guy with the axe. You made good use of the depth of field there.

BTW, you aren't the same sasquatch that frequented the OE tkd forum are you?
I appreciate the feedback. I have no idea what the "OE tkd" forum is, so no.