Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
my first gallery exhibition - do these cut it?
Posted By: 123K10D, 08-19-2008, 12:52 AM

People, places, plants and pets. Got a great sponsor (yay!), just got to work out what's in and what's out. If you've got a favourite, feel free to name it. These all go to monsterous enlargements (and sharp as). So I've also got to work out if less is more in print sizes. CC welcome.

Home (Street Candids)
Views: 2,655
08-19-2008, 03:28 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Are the from film or have they had film grain added? I like the look on some of them.

Major problem would be the cat. It looks like a scan with lots of surface dirt. That one needs cleaning or perhaps even culled form the batch.

The ninth one down (B&W flower) and the church B&Ws appears to have some dust. At least some indistinguishable spec(s) tht may be assumed to be dust. You may want to clean those up as well.
08-19-2008, 09:07 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I wish they were numbered or something because it is going to be difficult to CC. I'll give it a go best I can at this moment...
The girl with the glass and the second to last image are my favorite of the bunch. The tree/sunset composition above the girl with the glass is another favorite, the image right above that is another favorite. The dog is well done and I love the close up portrait of the young man.
Are you printing them up all large? Does the sponser get to pick what is printed? How does this work?
Thank you for sharing your work.
08-19-2008, 09:42 PM   #4
Damn Brit

Several of them have vignetting in the corners, was that intentional?

08-20-2008, 04:22 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I like your artistic interpretations and every image has your effort and prudent thoughts in their own processing.

The last shot is what I like the best out of the series
08-20-2008, 04:59 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Nice job! I really like that first pic.....it just jumps out at you.
08-20-2008, 05:47 PM   #7
Veteran Member

The last one is my favorite as well.

That, the cat, and the one right below it - though I can't figure out what that is where the sun is. Is that a lamppost or something?