Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Old Harry Rocks
Lens: Sigma 17-50 2.8 Camera: k70 Photo Location: Old Harry Rock UK ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: following.eric, 07-31-2017, 02:17 AM

I recently moved to the UK and finally got out with my girlfriend to do some exploring. Dorset coast did not disappoint, even in the rain. The move has been good so far with all new challenges of a new place. Although the Uk is small, the driving does seem a bit hectic. Apparently avoiding traffic hours is the best way to go.

[IMG][/IMG]
Views: 811
07-31-2017, 06:57 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Good luck with your new home. We lived in the UK for three years and loved it. Some of the friendliest people in the world live there and they made our stay a true joy. The person standing on the edge of the rock gives quite a good feel of how steep the rock is.
07-31-2017, 07:00 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Good luck with your new home. We lived in the UK for three years and loved it. Some of the friendliest people in the world live there and they made our stay a true joy. The person standing on the edge of the rock gives quite a good feel of how steep the rock is.
ya I was spoiled in NZ with scenery but I'm excited to get out and explore on weekends and see whats around. loads on the list to do. Keep adding more.

The model is my girlfriend. I make her stand in sketchy places sometimes to add perspective, and in return she gets a cool shot haha
07-31-2017, 09:07 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How can you date such a tiny person?

Very nice shot. If I look too closely I can give myself a touch of vertigo.

07-31-2017, 01:48 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow, thats a rather big chunk of rock! You're girlfriend certainly helps to get a idea of the scale of place.
07-31-2017, 02:13 PM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by following.eric Quote
The model is my girlfriend
Thought she might have been one of those Acapulco cliff diver types and I was waiting for the next couple of sequence images.
07-31-2017, 02:43 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Thought she might have been one of those Acapulco cliff diver types and I was waiting for the next couple of sequence images.
haha if I had the sequence to that it would be a crime death scene. Not sure you would survive the fall, or would be in lots of pain if you did

10-04-2019, 06:07 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by following.eric Quote
I recently moved to the UK and finally got out with my girlfriend to do some exploring. Dorset coast did not disappoint, even in the rain. The move has been good so far with all new challenges of a new place. Although the Uk is small, the driving does seem a bit hectic. Apparently avoiding traffic hours is the best way to go.

[/url][/IMG]
Not a lot of traffic where the person is standing.